Monday, June 12, 2017

Reception Repast & Remembrances

How do I begin?  It was a madcap week with nearly no time to sit down.  I'll go into that later in the week...  but for now, I'll share the joy of the reception.  They're the only photos I really have so far, gleaned from Facebook...  We had three photographers ultimately.  My sister, a nephew and a friend who's family owned the farm where the reception was held.  All three of them are professionals and so far the results have been fantastic.  


There were lots of flub ups, but that will come later too.

The venue.  The farm of a family friend of Matthew's.  He has been best friends with one of the sons and was out here enough growing up, that he calls the dad, Papa G.  I might have to start that too...


Pay no attention to the red/white circus tent.  That will be addressed in the flub up post.


The tables.  The table runners were made by me.  The flower arrangements put together by the photographer who took these photos.



Maddy and her dad made activity books for the kids and tons of crayon packs for them to grab.  Lots of games if you didn't want to dance later.


Gift table


The introductions as the wedding party arrived.

Meri high-fiving a groomsman.  


Ryan and a sister of Matthew.


After all of them came across the dance floor, THEN the happy couple as they were introduced.



Dinner.  We served smoked pork loin, all smoked by Robb that week, also green beans with cracked pepper, roasted/riced cauliflower, mashed potatoes for those that don't like cauliflower, lettuce salad and Hawaiian rolls, both served in lined baskets.  We had two tables so there were 4 lines of guests at the buffet.  It went quickly.  More on that during the flub up post.

My sisters were instrumental in helping get all the food going and guiding the middle school girl helpers with serving.  I love my siblings!!!

And yes... That is my backside at the salad table...  I haven't found too many yet from the front.  At the reception, this and another where I was bending over a tub of ice were the only ones I've found so far.  



Lots of speeches.  Here is my son, Ryan, giving a great one.


Meri giving one that she wrote the night before in the hotel lobby.

 

She made them tear up...



The father of the bride speech.  Robb promised to keep it under an hour.  He did. Whew!  I think the bridal couple were nervous that it might...  He did a great job!


A shoe game to see how much they knew each other.


The cup cakes.  There was sheet cake for the guests.  These cup cakes were sugar free and made by an aunt especially for the bride and groom.

 
 A dance floor made by the owners of the farm.  And I will just say here, they were awesome...  Will get more into that during my flub up post later in the week.
  



Music was performed by friends of the couple from the college.  They were great and played a lot of jazz and swing.  Wow... The talent was fantastic. They took a break towards the end and then hooked up Spotify to the speakers.  The last dance was We Are Family by Sister Sledge, my request. 


 Unfortunately most of my sisters had left by that time, but I dragged my girls and Matthew out on the dance floor and did the can-can with them singing at the top of my lungs.  
Just to be clear... this was a dry wedding. 

The cupcake stand was made my brother.  He had bought my grandparents place when he was eighteen and lived there ever since.  So a tree needed to be brought down and luckily I had called him to ask if he could make a cupcake stand shortly before he did.  The stand was made from my dear grandma Gertrude's mulberry tree.  I remember collecting them with her as a child and sprinkling sugar on them as a treat.  YUM...  But what a special gift for the bride and groom!


The cake topper on the upper level was painted by me for Robb and our wedding 29 years ago and then before that on my parents.  

And more AWE moments...


  
 The younger guests had a fabulous time on the farm.  


If they weren't dancing on the dance floor, they were tracking down the 106+ cats and kittens that lived there.


 or playing on the wood pile or sand pile/litter box.  I couldn't track down a certain pic, but as soon as I do, I'll show you in another post.  I'll eventually run out of wedding things to post about... 

Just kidding.  I won't run out!  This fodder could go on for MONTHS!

In the end, they were married and are off on their honeymoon currently.


Talk about being blessed...



They really are.

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Lovely and what a happy looking day. Oh and there are no goofs during a wedding. They are married and happy so everything was successful.

Out My window said...

Wow you made it! So proud of you!

SAM said...

Such a lovely couple and day. Bless them, and you for all your efforts.

Jane said...

I am so happy for the blessed couple :) The day looks wonderful! The flubs that happen (and they always happen) are what makes their day unique and memorable. Well done McVal & Family!

Southern Gal said...

Just beautiful! It made me tear up just reading it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails