Wednesday, June 27, 2018

How to cook anything and dentist stories.

I had a dentist appointment this morning to get my crown installed. *thank you thank you*  and was surprised that I'd forgotten a filling that they were going to do as well.  darn.
So the side of my mouth and chin are completely numb. 
The dentist warned me not to eat anything until the numbness wears off for fear I'd chew the sides of my mouth and not realize it.  Oh come on...

So by the time I got home (I didn't have breakfast first) I was starved.  The only thing that looked appetizing was the last onion bagel that Maddy had sent home with us so I toasted it up, spread on the cream cheese liberally (is there any other kind of way?) and bit in.  


I probably should have stuck with something softer, like an omelette...  I caught myself, several times, chewing on the inside of my lip!  Yeah, that's going to hurt when the numbness goes away...
But it was totally worth it!

As promised, here is the recipe for the onion, or really any kind, of bagel you could dream up.
Click on the picture to make it bigger if you can't read it.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Till you place the crown it would be a great task to get completed. Need to be careful while eating, as it may cause pain after the numbness goes off. It was little bit difficult to have food during that time...

Southern Gal said...

Whether I eat or not I always manage to chew my cheek, tongue or lip when numb. I hope it wasn't too painful afterwards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails