Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Sew Much...

I found some more light weight knits.  I'm really into them at the moment...  Oh!  I forgot to take a picture of the flowy top I'm going to send to the fair!

I washed it and laid it out to dry and the cat found a place to rest and now it's all covered in cat hair... 
So I need to wash it again.  I think Meri will claim that one.
She likes cats.

Anyway...  Here are my newer knits at $2 a yard.  I stocked up.  I've got enough for a few various types of tops of each.  They're just too thin for leggings.


And a pair of leggings for probably me.  I also made a pair of biker type shorts for me with the legging pattern.  They stretched out at the leg after a few hours and I'm hoping a wash and dry will shrink them back up.


I'll be entering Leon's shark in the fair.  Not entirely sure what category yet.  And as my sewing friends mused, there should be a fabric fish bag category...


I made this out of the leftovers of the hoody.  But when I checked the length, decided that that was too risque for even me.  So Meri helped me find some fabric at JoAnns to add some length. She also picked out more fabric for a few more pairs of leggings for her and myself.

The white panel might be too heavy, folded in half as it is... but we'll see.


Out of that same white fabric, I'm making a slightly shorter version of the orange top.   So I may be able to enter it in the fair as a coordinated outfit.  Not sure yet.  And I'm not too sure if the whitey white will look awful on me.  I may have to tan some more... Or add a lot of bling.
or paint it.


Anyway... enough crafty thoughts for the moment.
I hope your Tuesday is going swell!

4 comments:

Meg B. said...

I really love the orange top pattern! Tops like that comprise my winter wardrobe--over leggings with boots--in the winter, on the days I don't don a denim skirt. (I am very short, so jeans are a tricky thing with me.)
I admire your sewing skills. I am not much of a garment sewer. (Or is it seamstress?) I can do minor repairs on my machine, and place a two inch hem on my jeans, but I can't taper legs, so that is why I don't wear jeans very often. I also make quilts, which, after I machine piece, I hand quilt, as I can't seem to get my machine to NOT pucker a quilt, even with a walking foot. Apparently, a sewing machine isn't like a tool--you can't swear at it to make it work the way you want it to!

SAM said...

Love the skirt!

Linda said...

I love the pieces you made. I am working on things to enter in the fair, too.

Southern Gal said...

You make me wish I was sewing for fair entries. I mean, I could be sewing for fair entries. But since I sewed for a boutique for a while I"m considered professional. Ha! So it's a little confusing. Oh well. I know you'll do well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails