Thursday, September 20, 2018

When a plan comes together

The turkey soup turned out *ok* last night.  It wasn't great, but oh well.  It was just Robb and myself and no restaurant bloggers or food critics anywhere.  Thanks for all your suggestions!  Due to stomach issues, I wasn't able to make it into a taco soup, but I am definitely filing that away for future use.

I've got my trusty DDP by my side and ready to take on today.  I half made a pair of shorts yesterday out of an old t-shirt of Robb's that had shrunk in the dryer.  I turned the shirt hem side up and cut the pattern that I use for my leggings out of it.  I'm not sure how it will turn out but an extra pair of shorts is an extra pair of shorts.  I hope to finish them up over lunch and breaks.

I was able to solve a work problem this morning that had been hounding me for months!  I love it when an AHA moment happens!  

That sounded a bit like the A-Team...
And if you remember them, you're old too.


Our ASG sewing group has a special speaker next month and if you sew something from her patterns (Dana Marie), you get to enter a drawing for something special.  I have none of her patterns...  

There is also a sewing meeting next week and I would love to make something to get some tips from them.  For THAT sewing meeting, we make clothes from independent pattern makers and not the big 4 pattern companies (Vogue, Simplicity, Butterick, McCalls).  So if I made a Dana Marie pattern, that is definitely an independent pattern company and would fit in perfectly.  The rules aren't strict strict, and usually if I make something regardless of the pattern maker, I'll show it there, but I want to get into the sync of things better.  Those meetings are hugely inspirational to me!  It's amazing what these women can do.  When they enter something in the state fair, they get more than Average scores, I'll tell you that!  That is my goal for next year.  To be better than an "average" sewist.

I guess I need to shoot for quality over quantity...  shoot.

This will be my year to improve my skills!

What are you hoping to improve?

4 comments:

Meg B. said...

While I greatly enjoy cooking, I am perfectly content when a meal turns out just "o.k." It gives me ideas on what I can do to improve the dish. Besides, with a stomach issue, "o.k." sounds just about right! Feel better.

SAM said...

I want to be a better writer and photographer. I don't spend enough time on either to even get competent it seems. I wish I had at least basic sewing skills-maybe someday I'll just take another class and try again.

Linda said...

Next time, put celery and onions in it. Also, dried sage.

Southern Gal said...

Looking back at my photography I can tell I'm going backwards. I don't know if it's because I don't pick up my big camera as much or if my camera is getting old. I refuse to think I'm getting worse! So improving the photography and sewing would be goals for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails