Friday, October 19, 2018

Inspiration with the works

Leon got his prizes yesterday for the school fundraiser they did... What the heck IS this thing?  I guess a big LONG balloon...  He also got a little plastic jar of gloop.  Just keep that gloop off the carpet kid!


So yesterday, I put butternut squash with the guts cleaned out in one crock pot and some frozen raw brats in another.  Five hours later, I threw the brats on the stove top grill for a minute or two on each side and served it all for supper.  OOOOOOHHHHHH....  

Those were the easiest brats in the world!!!  We're going to have to do that more often!  But of course, now we're out of them.  Well, almost.  I might have one for lunch.

During dinner last night, Leon said that he wanted to make me breakfast this morning.  He told Grandpa but kept dropping hints to me which led me to believe that he was going to make me a hotdog for breakfast.

This morning, it was the only thing that got him up and going.  "Hey... weren't you going to make me breakfast?"  YES!!!

But of course, it took 15 minutes.  15 seconds in the microwave for the hotdog, but 3 minutes to get it out.  5 minutes for each condiment and yes, he knows what I like, country mustard and pickle relish and minute or two for placement of each item on the bun.

I should have taken a picture...

And while it was SOOO for a picnic or supper even, it tasted great.  He was pretty proud of himself as he sat smugly eating his 4 halves of toast, 2 with butter, 2 with jelly.  His favorite.

So wow!  Two recipes for the price of one!  

I'm looking forward to a sewing meeting weekend. 


 One tonight and a big one tomorrow!  Woohoo!!!  Inspiration with the works!

1 comment:

Anne in the kitchen said...

A hot dog breakfast is something you will talk about when he is grown. It truly does not sound terrible

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails