Thursday, November 15, 2018

Big, Dumb, Beautiful Dog's Son

I haven't blogged much about Reedus...  Probably because he can be pretty annoying...

But he can be pretty adorable too sometimes!


This dog has had a history of climbing under fences so when he is outside, he's on a chain.  Only for about 10 minutes at a shot, so he's an inside dog.

The other day I was putting him outside and only when I was bringing him back in, I noticed that the chain had gotten caught in the door and had broken.  So Reedus was waiting by the back door for me to bring him in with about 7 feet of rubber coated chain hanging off his collar!  

I'm sure he felt it on his legs and thought he was still being restricted to a certain part of the yard.


So for the last week, we've put the broken chain on him and let him in the yard.  

The only sign that he's starting to figure it out is that yesterday when I brought him in, he ran from the other end of the yard to me.  hmmm...  The weather is too cold to work on the fence until spring probably. 

I hope he doesn't smarten up more!


Probably not a problem.

Here is the story of Duke, his father and the original Big, Dumb, Beautiful Dog...

Yesterday as I was letting Reedus out, we got to the garage door and I don't know what happened, but I heard a loud cat howl.  MEEEEOWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

Reedus and I looked at each other, looked around and then to the door.  I have no idea where that noise came from unless it was his stomach!  I looked around the garage later, wondering if some boxed up toys had gotten hit with his tail or something.  Nope...  

One of life's little mysteries...

Anyway, that's Reedus.  The dog named after Daryl from The Walking Dead, whose name in real life is Norman Reedus and shares a birthday with Meri.  She was convinced that she'd end up marrying Norman Reedus someday... or his son.
She'll have to be content to be the original owner of his namesake.

Reedus will grow up (hopefully) to be a wonderful dog just like his dad.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

What a great looking dog!
We have a dog who is very smart about some things, but not so wise about others. She does not know that she could actually step from the front yard into the street without being leashed. She will walk to the curb and wait until she has her leash on to venture even one foot onto the pavement. Good for us!

SAM said...

He's beautiful. Dogs can be so human can't they!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails