Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Toss Up Tuesday

On Friday, I was at Meri's house earlier in the day and as she walked across the room, I saw something akin to a bandage on her back. 
Um... Meri ???  Please tell me that that's not a bandage for a tattoo on your back!
Happened to be a bow for her shirt!  Whew!

But then she was concerned that with her hair down, no one would see her bow and think it was a bandage also, so she decided for an up-do for her Valentine's date that evening.

I came back after picking up the boy at the bus stop and did a quick french braid starting from the nape of her neck, up.  



She dolled up her do with makeup


and Shub completed the look with roses.


And who doesn't love a good martyr meme for a Facebook Valentine card!?!  Robb posted this and tagged me.


OOH Chocolates!

We also got each other new frying pans.  Aren't WE romantical?

That night, Robb and I used our Christmas present and went to a movie!  Of course, he had to tease his Facebook friends earlier with this.

"Suggested to Val that we see the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie for valentine's day. I guess the derisive snort means she is considering it."
(I was not considering it)

We got some supper quick at a local Subway before heading over to the movie.  The gal there gave us free cookies!  Woohoo!  SCORE!

So when we got to the theater, Robb made sure we took a selfie in front of the Sonic movie poster.  It will be a cold day in Hell before I see that movie.  Not that I hate Sonic...  I just don't want to see it.


We actually saw Knives Out!  It's been out since Thanksgiving and I'm glad we got to see it on the big screen.  Later Robb noticed that we could have rented it to stream at home, but why would I miss out on theater popcorn with extra butter?  Plus, it's been a LONG while since I'd been to the theater.
And actually, if we HAD to see Sonic, as long as I had plenty of popcorn, I might be down with it.


Fun movie!

On Saturday, I attended one of my ASG sewing meetings.  So refreshing and inspirational!  Besides learning new skills, I also brought home three bags of fabric...  I haven't cut into any of it yet, but the week is young...  There were over 50 women at the meeting!  Our little group is growing!


Later that afternoon, Leon went to a birthday party at a neighbor boy's house.  You can't celebrate your birthday until you break open a pinata with a stick!


Leon's birthday is this weekend.  I am thinking about what we'll give him.  It'll be a theme...

AND Jen is housesitting for her aunt so Frank is spending some time with just us.
I think he wants me to pet him...
nope.  
Well maybe later.


I have been sewing lately too.  Shub's birthday was yesterday so I made him a shirt, almost identical to the one that I made Matthew for Christmas.  AND I made Leon one for his birthday that is almost identical too!  

Meri said that it fits Shub great and he wore it last night.  I hope he liked it!
This one was Matthew's from Christmastime.


Anyway, gotta get some work done.  Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

So, you will watch anything for popcorn? Gruesome card for Valentine's Day. I am waiting on Call of the Wild to see a movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails