Monday, August 21, 2023

Grands, Vacations and Judgey Much

 Spent Friday evening with my grands.  Leon was working on a blue candy and his lips were totally blue.  Aggie was just hanging out.  Ryan described her as carrying around a beanie baby that sometimes cries.  

Remember those water babies of the 90s?  Kind of like that but she wets more and is a smidge bigger.



Leon rediscovered his love of the magnetic pieces and we each built some pretty amazing stuff before it accidentally fell down or he destroyed it.  I think he was a second away from doing a demolition. 


I'm petsitting Reedus and his feline siblings this week until Meri and Ryan (bf) get back from their cross country extravaganza.  So far they've hit the Kool-Aid museum in Hastings, Nebraska and totally missed the SAPP brothers truck stop with the robot toilets!!  They spent a day at the Stanley Hotel of The Shining fame.  They enjoyed drinks in the hotel bar and got a tour.  I can't wait to hear all about it!
I think they're canoeing today.


On Saturday, I met up with Maddy in Iowa Falls at a quilt shop.  She's very into quilting these days and has inspired me to get going on sewing again.  Hoping this will pull me out of my no-sew funk and into some fun projects.  The quilt shop recommended an embroidery shop and a coffee shop so we obliged and hit both before heading off in our own directions.


Ada called me at 12:30 and I suddenly remembered it was Monday!!!  We had a lunch date where I was bringing the food and I should have been there by 11:30!!!  WHOOPS!  And since she'd already told the chef at the nursing home that SHURRELY her friend was just running late, Ada needed food!  I stopped by a Kwik-Star and grabbed something quick for us both and she eventually forgave me.  But not before rubbing it in quite a little bit about how hungry she had been.  
The brownie I brought helped her get over it.

Off soon to pick up my State Fair projects and be either totally humiliated or pleasantly surprised by the judge's comments.   I'm banking on the first one.

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

She is precious. My last baby was sort of floppy and so funny to carry. Aggie is precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails