Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Childhood memories - primitive RV

My dad "remodeled" an old bread truck into an RV once upon a time. It was painted three different shades of blue on the sides and had bunk beds inside. This was before the days of seat belts. We sat on the bunk beds and played while we drove to Yellowstone park, camping, visiting relatives, Bible camp, you name it...

My earliest memory of that truck tho was when I was about 3 or 4. We had gotten back home really late at night after a long trip, probably Bible camp in Minnesota. Good old Grind Stone Lake!

There were 6 kids at that time in the family. Everyone was exhausted and went in the house to bed. When I awoke, I discovered that I was all alone and still in the RV! It was dark outside and the house was dark. I ran up to the door, knocked on the front door, but no response.

Knocking on every window in the house on the main floor finally roused my mom, who came to the front door to investigate. And coming around the corner of the house was little Valerie.

Boy did I get spoiled for a few days!

4 comments:

Macey said...

Oh my gosh! I bet they felt BAD!!! How scary!

kshotz said...

The original "Home Alone!"

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Yikes! What a scary story, but with a happy ending. :)

Elle Bee said...

Oh you must have been so scared! But I bet the spoilin' made it worth it! ha! That old RV sounds like it made lots of memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails