Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So many pans in the fire! Too many?

Ok - I had to switch gears for a bit and put the vest for Maddy on hold. The vest is all done except for sewing the belt buckle thingy on the back and buttons. And I haven't gotten her to hold still for 5 minutes so I can try it on her and position things...

So, I started looking into a pencil bag for her. She has the design written out and a pattern started that she made from her design, but the fabric she had picked was lining backed with fusible interfacing. It was pretty, but not practical. My fingers left smudges on it... Maybe that was the bbq sauce...

But anyway, I went thru my fabric stash and found suede leather pants that I'd gotten at the second hand store when they said "fill a bag for $5"! So I did...
It seems to be stitching ok on my sewing machine, so I put in a zipper. It will have a flap folded over covering the zipper and then have a magnetic closure. I KNOW I've got some around here somewhere. I'll look more over my lunch break. I had made several purses last year for niece's Christmas presents and I had purchased several for that.
What do you think? Here it is in the earliest stages. If this works out, I may make another one for Meri, but make it into a fanny pack instead. Meri has already requested more pockets. And since this is leather, I'm toying with the idea of not lining it... But I'll let Maddy make that choice.
Tomorrow morning we leave the house at 5:30am so we can get into the fair grounds before 7. If we do that... then it only costs us 2 cans of food per person to get in. We have to be there all day anyway.. might as well save the $$ on entrance costs and use it to buy more fair food!

3 comments:

kshotz said...

If you happen to wander through the knitting area, and you happen to notice if any of my items have a ribbon, do let me know as I won't be able to make it down to the fair this year.

Have a fun day!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Hi! I found you thru Elle Bee. When she mentioned you have hedgehogs, I couldn't get over here fast enough! We have two. Our son boomeranged back here from Texas last year and we inherited our 'grandkids': the hedgehogs "Templeton" and "Moxie", and bunny rabbit "Gizmo." As if we needed any more critters here at the farm, but I love them all anyway. Just came by to say 'hi'. I'll be back to check on your hedgies, and your sewing too, which I'm trying to get back into :) -tammy p.s. have fun at the fair!

Macey said...

Very cute!!!
Look at your followers grow Val! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails