Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hanging Around

So Leon and I drove his dad to work yesterday afternoon and I decided to take him on an adventure.  I worked from a bench at the park while he made friends and played tag on the playground equipment.  When I wrapped things up, I showed him all over the park.  There is a band shell where they still have bands on hot summer nights.  

No one yesterday, except for this little rock star!


Then I took him with me to the blood bank and gave blood.  While I was waiting for a nurse to come back to me, I saw him grimacing and trying not to cry.  My laptop battery had died on him...  

and that is pure torture when you're in the middle of HobbyKidsTV videos!!!  So I ran out to the car and grabbed my power cords and set him up in the lobby watching more of them.  

Got my blood drained in relative peace.

And I don't know why, but he thinks the mat that we have on our floor in our bedroom is more comfortable than his bed.  REALLY?!!!  There is no logical speaking when he's determined.

Thankfully Meri came upstairs about that time and in an additional Birthday gifting mode, she took Leon downstairs for a sleepover.  However they watched Coraline, so I'm not sure if he'll be down for sleeping in his own bed tonight either... 

HEY!!!  ANOTHER SLEEPOVER WITH MERI!

AND I just found these pics on my phone from the weekend.  Swimming in the lake for Leon.


AND these awesome people.  Maybe that's why I've been melancholy lately...  I miss her and she's 5.5 hours away...

sigh.


Hanging in there in Iowa.  Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love the picture on the band shell. One day Leon is going to be old enough to really appreciate all the adventures he has.

Michelle said...

Leon certainly gets around!

Jane said...

And here i thought Leon was sad for you giving blood - hahaha! 5.5 hours away is a good haul indeed - hopefully they'll come your way once in awhile saving you a trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails