Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Deck the Halls & Lasts

Last weekend...
I wanted to jam in as MUCH work outside that I could possibly do and I really did do a lot.
The problem is that now I'm 90% done with about 15 things on my to do list.
So let's see... 10% times 15 equals...
I was only a math minor, briefly, but I think that equals a lot of lists, stress and panic attacks.


The deck cleaner is doing awesome...  In case you can't tell, the bottom half of the photo is done, and the top is not done.  We kind of sprayed it off quickly to get to a grad party before it ended.  More on that later.
I still have half of the back deck to do, but 50% of the work is making the effort to get the right tools out there and just do it.  That's why only 40% of the deck is done so far.  


And it didn't do that great a job on the burned spot...  There's still a gaping hole!  BUT between Robb and I, we concocted a cover with support over it.  No guests will be harmed during the course of our party.



OH!  and guess what?!  The extended forecast for our party was initially showers in the morning, then the next two days, it was spotty showers in the morning and then today?!  warm with some sun!!!!

YAY!!!!
Our prayers are being answered!  It will be a beautiful day!

Leon after school yesterday.  That door gets him EVERY time! ;)


On Saturday, Meri's plans to go grad hopping with a friend fell through and she needed someone to go with her to about 5 parties Saturday afternoon.  sigh... really?!!!  I've got so much to do!
But then again, I do love Lin-Z... (not the real way to spell her name, but that's how Meri has done it since the 4th grade)

She's a horse enthusiast/cowgirl, so of course you had to sign her hat.


Ok fine.  Let me wash some paint off my glasses and legs.

We went to several others and ended up at LinZ's.

Her party was a lot of fun and SO much great food!  Meri told me that I don't have graze anymore but can have the whole meal, since we like this grad.  She had been instructing me on how much food to take at each party.  But the cake looked good!

I loved looking through the memorabilia and remembering things I hadn't pulled out yet for Meri's party.  Meri was in a lot of the photos at this party.  Plus, she had taken LinZ's senior pictures and I'd been along with the photo shoot last summer.  What a blast that had been!  Well, LinZ's sister took the pics in to have them printed and Walmart thought they were professionally taken, so they insisted on having the photographer sign off on them...
REALLY?!..

They WERE really good...


And Meri's last day of school yesterday!  Well, until fall when she starts college classes. 


Here she is when she started school.  


Where has the time gone?
and where have my black eyed Susan's gone?

She's sleeping in this morning, but I'm going to SO freak her out when she comes upstairs.

"I thought you'd LEFT already!!! GET GOING!"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those grad parties sounds like fun. I LOVE to graze! Maybe my favorite thing ever. Love Leon in the door.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails