Wednesday, May 16, 2018

So... Many... Hugs...

I just realized that I hadn't posted anything yesterday...  It's been a madcap life at the McVal residence.

If I'm not getting Leon off onto the bus or going to end of the year concerts, I'm painting.  I also hadn't realized how blasted long it takes to paint so many sections of fencing...  I probably should have started this months ago.  No wait.  it was still snowing then.

Oh well.  It WILL get done!  

And whatever doesn't get done, I'll cover the offending areas with black and red tulle or divert the grad party guests eyes by jumping all around maniacally and screaming, "Look at what I can do!"

Last night, we attended Meri's LAST end of the year concert "where everyone cries".  I think it's labeled that on the school calendar.
She was crying before it even got to the end...
Being a Senior is tough.


Meri as well as another girl had a solo for this one.  WHAT a sad song!!!  I think the director was looking for tears on purpose...  Meri did a fantastic job!  I'm so proud of her.  The video is below.  She comes down front about half way through.  What a voice!


Then for the last song, the seniors crowded down front already in tears.  Some had younger siblings stand with them who were in 7th or 8th grade.  


After the NEW traditional ending song, Meri burst into even MORE tears and started hugging everyone.  First the Beast, from Beauty & the Beast high school musical fame with Meri, who happened to be standing next to her.  She sobbed into his shoulder.


Then a buddy for a lot of years got his shoulder soaked too.  We had the front row seats and everyone was pushing past us to get to their Seniors and kids.  We just sat still for a bit until the din broke down just a little.  


Meri was still hugging people.  We hadn't missed anything.  Ryan, Leon and I got in a "honestly" a line to hug her.  SHEESH!  JUST before it was our turn, someone called for a Senior picture.
REALLY?!


All the choir Seniors and their beloved director.  Tear stained faces all around.


Mine was tear stained too.  The mother of one of Meri's longest friends was seated next to me and I may or may not have blown my nose on her sleeve...  Ok, I didn't.  But I'd warned her that I might since I hadn't brought any kleenex with me.

Caught up with Meri after that and gave her a solid hug.  I had needed it too.  Then she ran to catch her dad and the rest of the family.


So... many... hugs...

And today, back to the painting.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck! I am painting the house this summer. Good times ahead! Best wishes for a smoother graduation/rest of school stuff. Great times mixed with a little sadness.

Linda said...

What was the name of the song. Yes, hugs abound.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Is Meri majoring in voice? I hope we will get some continuing performance videos! If not, Leon needs to step up to the plate.
The song was just beautiful and she does indeed have a gorgeous voice.

Out My window said...

Wow, I mean wow! My twin sister triple majored in college in voice, she traveled the world singing opera and she always said a woman doesn't really come into her voice until her late 20's. This is incredible. I need the name of that song or the arrangement. I would like to use it. Wow, Wow, Wow,

Jane said...

That whole song gave me the shivers, but especially Meri's part. Such talent! Incredible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails