Thursday, March 14, 2019

I'm Melting, I'm Melting!...

 So last Saturday, even though it was well below freezing, I had Spring fever.  And since I didn't have anywhere to travel to, for the first weekend in at least two months, I did some spring cleaning. 

Sure it didn't seem like much that I did, but it felt good.  A cleaned out lazy Susan, at least 7 loads of laundry, a cleaned out bathroom cabinet and yet no sewing.  shoot.  Maybe today over lunch.  I've got my bestie's jeans that need a bit of mending before I go see her tonight and remember those little fabric cell phone holders that I made a ton of several years ago?  Jen got one and still uses it. It has sprung a leak and a little rice is coming out.  So I need to mend it as well. 

I also have a sewing meeting this weekend that I haven't attended since November.  I SEW want to go!!!  And then maybe an afternoon trip to go see my dad.  I haven't seen him since the funeral.

It's only Thursday and I've got my Saturday packed...

And with all the snow melting all over Iowa, this was my view this morning.


Normally you wouldn't see the water from here.  It's flooded pretty bad...

The last time that it flooded worse than this and affected us was in 1996.  Ryan was really little and Maddy was, I guess, two.   I might have the wrong year on this page...  Oh well.  It was a bad flood.  


Our golden retriever, Katie, saw the open deck door and bolted to go outside.  The creek had risen up to an inch of our basement window and our deck was now a dock.  Katie jumped into the flood waters and Robb had to jump in and drag her back.  Then go get a tetanus shot.

Robb's parents were visiting at that time and we joked how his dad had parted the waters for us, as we were the only house on the block with no water in our basement.  Just a damp spot in the corner.  

The house to the south had a flooded basement with lots of dead fish and the one to the north had a basement full up to the top basement step of sewage.  Wow, did we luck out!

The snow and ice is ALMOST melted off my herb garden this year and I'm anxious to plant my new lemon balm seeds.  I've been waiting for this moment all of the winter of 2018-19...

1 comment:

Southern Gal said...

Sounds like our thousand year flood in 2015 I think it was, without all the snow. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails