Monday, March 18, 2019

The Weekend and wishing for more

What a weekend!!!   On Friday, during every break and then all evening, I sewed and made this.  I'm really liking both the top and the leggings.  The leggings took all of one hour to make from start to finish.


Right now, sewing-wise, I don't want to be challenged.  I just want to expand my wardrobe...  And these are super slick to make.  And I love the flowiness of the top.  I'm also into comfy.

The only downside to sewing with knits is that if you wash them the TEENIEST bit wrong, they'll pill.  Or if you get cheap quality fabric, they'll pill.  Or if you eat chips while wearing them, they'll pill...  or if you look at them wrong, they'll pill...  

I tried using a sweater shaver on one of my favorite blue/black striped shirt and it chewed two tiny holes in the garment.  REALLY?  You have no idea how long it took to line up those stripes!

The reason I was scrambling to finish this outfit was to wear it to the sewing meeting on Saturday.  And I did.  The meeting was about the history of buttons.  Below are examples.  


The woman and her husband, who presented, are spending their retirement being button collectors and attending button conferences, etc.  


What a great hobby for the both of them to share!

Oh, here is the finished product of Ryan and Leon's Hogwarts set.  It was actually completed that very evening but I didn't get a pic til now.


These are the remnants of a beautiful bouquet that my husband's company sent for my mom's funeral.  The rest had all wilted, but I gleaned the still beautiful bits out and it's now a new arrangement.  They are so thoughtful!


This morning, Robb and I made up our menu for our annual Irish night meal with our family and my bestie and her husband.  The menu is on the left and the shopping list is on the right.  And for the record, I picked up potatoes yesterday so that's the only reason we don't have 20 pounds of potatoes on the shopping list.  I'll post recipes for the ones I haven't posted already.


and since it's spring break but I don't get one til Friday, Robb and Leon were just hanging out this morning.  Had to snap a pic.


Looking forward to some more down time!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

1. I am all about the comfy, too, these days. Your outfit looks nice.
2. Button collecting? interesting....
3. I like the lego castle, pretty cool.
4. The Irish menu sounds superb.

Southern Gal said...

What is it with knits and pilling? Hate that. You look cute! Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails