Wednesday, November 9, 2022

These are the socks that never end

 I just checked with Biolife and can go back next Tuesday. woohoo!  Hopefully I'll be negative by this weekend.  I hope to test again on Friday.  Still no symptoms to speak of.

Last night, the girls, Ryan (Meri's bf) and I played UNO online and were on a DUO call at the same time.  It was a lot of fun and I hope we do that again sometime soon.  This isolation is really bothering me.  

I spent some time in Robb's closet yesterday, reorganizing it.  It's so much neater now and all the extra junk that was in there is out.  Mostly boxes of mismatched socks and some more outgrown clothing of Leons.  Maybe one more bag of Maddy's clothes.  I'll make her go thru that when she can come back in here safely.  The suitcases are full of Robb's clothes.  I'll do something with them some day.  Just not yet.  About 30 ties hanging behind each door on racks.

That's my wedding dress in the box on the top shelf.  There are also several shelves to the right that have a teensy bit of Robb's Sci-Fi books (the rest are packed up in the garage), medical stuff like knee brace, wrist brace, etc.  Whenever I find something around the house that fits that category, it goes on that shelf.  And memorabilia that was Robb's, like an old Thundercats lunch box he was given as a gag gift.  He LOVED Thundercats in college and a bunch of his college friends would get together at the time it was on tv and watch it together.

I don't know why I have all these plastic horses in here...  Probably to keep them safe for grandkids.

The beer that Rod Stewart gave him when his pipe band opened for Rod's concert.  Rod didn't PERSONALLY give the beer, but had some lackey bring a cooler of it for the whole band.  So since Robb didn't drink, he kept it as a souvenir.  

Anyway, I partnered socks.  Does anyone else say "partnered" or do you "match" socks?  I've always called it "partnering".  It's in my bloodline to call it that.  Don't I sound like a cowgirl?!  I heaped them all on my bed and sorted them out, partnering as I went.  Then into each pile of like type socks, sorted deeper.  These have stripes, these have polka dots, etc.

This representation is in NO means all of the socks.  There was a LOT more than this.

As I partnered and looked for a match, I realized, why am I looking for a match for a sock that not only has the heel worn out, but is uglier than sin?  No one has worn this sock for over 20 years, why do I care about it? *pitched it*  Those were mostly girl socks.  I'm sure I'll regret it in 3 months when I find the partner for it behind the dryer.

I don't feel like pitching any of Robb's holey socks yet.  Ryan wears his socks so I keep them in a separate bin still.  Ryan will raid it when he needs to and I'm sure Leon will someday too.  For now, the bin is in here with me though.

Here's to another productive, isolated day, another problem area to get cleaned up.

1 comment:

SAM said...

You're very productive in your isolation. I say match socks, but partnering sounds quaint. I'd take the ugly ones for dog toys. This guy's killing out budget with toys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails