Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Ding Dong Ditch and other events

A few things I've been up to.  In no particular order, because I'm lazy today.  I hope to blog more regularly so maybe chronology will get better. 

and actually, it's not that bad!  Leon discovered that he loved rollerskating so we took him and a friend.


Then we took them again for his birthday and he discovered that he hated it.


I've been putting pics of the new grandbaby up on the fridge and can't wait to see him/her on the day!  Got just over a month left before the due date.


We celebrated Robb's birthday by attending a Red Hot Chili Piper concert!  fun!


Easter egg hunt at my place!


Leon got a hair cut!!!!  He's rocking a shorter doo!


Attended a baby shower for Jen and Ryan.  My sisters showed up for a quick bite before the party,


and then helped celebrate the new baby!


Me and Jen. Remind me not to wear that combo again! 


Many at the party tie-dyed baby clothes!  This will be the best dressed baby in our town.


I got to hang out a lot with these girls!


I made bloody mints for the party.  I was going for tie-dyed mints... oh well.  They still tasted good.


Me and my kids.


A garage sale find!  I am loving it!


So is Leon.


Maddy bought a porch goose and then I did too.  I'm making clothes for my goose for the State Fair!
Here is a VERY rough draft of a hoodie using the sleeves from an old sweatshirt.


Maddy requested a rain jacket for hers so I made this out of an old rain coat she found thrifting.


This is a project that I started this spring.  I actually did a little work on the gate today but need more time to think about the hinges.  It'll happen!


I've been watching a lot of the Golden Girls as an homage to my mom.  Is it bad that I'm starting to get into their clothing styles?  Well, SOME of their styles...  I could so wear this one.
Ignore the slam the door in their face comment.  Was streaming something. Probably Golden Girls.


Happy anniversary to these two!  Six whole years!!!


I told Leon a story about some Dr. Scholl sandals we wore as teenagers so I looked them up to show him that they were not in fact clogs from Holland.  They're selling for $120!!!??!  
And those were a pair I owned!  How did they get so expensive?!


I made peach cobbler for Memorial Day and only after I made it, realized that only a few of us still like it.  I froze it in individual servings and they're waiting for someone to find and thaw them.
Hear that Maddy?!  I saved some for you!


AND we got ding dong ditched.  TWICE in the same evening!  I caught him on the security camera and then later going across our yard.  He gave a lame excuse that he was looking to hang out with Leon but he's a 14 year old, really??!!...  I'm doubting his story and Leon doesn't even know him.  Leon wasn't home btw.


Anyway, that's what's going on here.  I've got a to do list longer than this post and then get overwhelmed at the length of it so I stream Golden Girls or whatever other show the kids talk me into watching.
I'll get things picked off it eventually.

But now off to make tacos for tonight!

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I loved all the pictures. I think that outfit looks fine on you. It is hard to believe Leon is so big. I don't believe I have ever seen a picture of your sisters and you. There is a definite resemblance! That's a lot of tie-dye. Cute! I do hope you post more.

Kathy said...

Great family pictures! Exciting news about a new grandbaby. Cute little tie dye outfits, and you made me laugh about the mints. I bet the piper concert was fun. Love the porch goose and the outfits are adorable. Will you make an outfit for every holiday? Oh I love peach cobbler. Have you ever tried dump cake in a dutch oven over a campfire? I love peach and the apple caramel is yummy too with ice cream. Wishing you a great summer.

Practical Parsimony said...

There are a couple in Hueytown, AL who have four of those geese. They have different outfits for every holiday. One of the geese was stolen and then returned. But, they have them far from the house, so available to anyone...lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails