Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Anniversaries and Cheese cake

 Yesterday was Robb and my wedding anniversary, my third one without him.

I spent the day working and doing laundry and car juggling with Ryan and our car guy, grabbing Aggie from daycare on the way back to the house.  I did stop out at the cemetery this morning to just talk a little and contemplated taking the full Diet Doctor Pepper 20 oz bottle away that a college friend put there last week when he stopped by.  But decided to leave it there until the cemetery people clear it away.  It's just sitting on the stone, not hurting anyone.

I went ahead and made myself an early supper of spinach/egg white tortilla stuffed with chicken, cheese and tomatoes and it did NOT turn out as expected but I still ate it and probably had green stuff in my teeth for a while.  About that time, Jen got home from work and asked what time Meri and her bf would be over for tacos. Um, it's Monday...  No it's not.  

GASP!  Time to thaw the hamburger!!!

Meri and bf Ryan came over with Reedus the dog and we all had a really nice dinner of tacos.  Since I'd already eaten, I made an impromptu plate of nachos with some Quest chips and little low fat cheese and salsa.

Meri had made some cheese cakes for Ryan's mom for Mother's Day and brought them with her.  I made a tiny sampler plate of both types (New York Style and another plain with a top layer of chocolate ganache) and little dibbles of the various homemade toppings, (strawberry, lemon curd and salted caramel).  OH it was so yummy!!!  

Perfect way to end a beautiful day!

Regarding my Optavia plan, except for the extra nachos and cheesecake, I stayed on plan yesterday and when I weighed myself this morning, I had NOT gained.  I didn't lose anything either but did NOT gain!  So that's a win in my book.  I'm 3 pounds away from my goal and I plan to stay on it until June 1st, then will transition back into normal foods.  I've lost 29 pounds!!!  I confessed to my bestie coach this morning.  She forgave me!

Now on to Wednesday, which seems like ANOTHER Monday.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am glad you got to enjoy Taco night with the family. I often get days confused, but usually I am a day ahead instead of behind.

SAM said...

Days blur for me, but quick action on Tuesday. I have his ashes here still, well will have a small memorial box even after we do something with main urn ( which is an oak box ). I talk to my husband a lot, and will on our anniversary for sure.

Kathy said...

Sending hugs for your anniversary.
Yum on the cheesecakes; great idea to have a cheesecake sampler...mmmm lemon curd topping would be my fav.
Great job on the weight loss. I haven't heard of that plan, but sounds like it is working really well. I would like to lose some weight, but I'm not having much success so far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails