Monday, May 13, 2024

Mother's Day weekend!

 Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!
I had a great weekend.  No cleaning, no cooking, no hobbies.
Although looking back now, I should have worked on some things... Oh well.

On Saturday, Maddy, Meri, Aggie and I went to lunch with my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. We had a wonderful time and great conversation!

On the drive there, Aggie was playing with her little red pokey ball and eventually fell asleep.


Upon arriving, Maddy asked, "Hey - what's with the dots on Aggie's face?" wha??!!
Oh my goodness!  MEASLES in only 45 minutes!  And only on half her face!!!

It was the ball.  Agnes had fallen asleep with that as a pillow. :)

Here she is on a late afternoon walk on Friday.  If she'd had a steering wheel, it would have been perfect.




Leon had a concert last week and Meri, (bf) Ryan and I were able to attend.  If you can guess, he doesn't really like to have his picture taken anymore.  Ah to be young and stubborn...


But I am NOT young, yet stubborn.  Here is Leon on his birthday lunch in February.  I gave him $20 and he used it ALL up for his lunch. It's kind of a tradition now.  "Um, you can't have that one thing, because it will put you over $20."  When the girl at the register heard he had a limit, she gave him a coupon and then he even got a smidge of change back!  

And while I was stubborn about the limit, so was he with the annual photo I took of him with his haul.


Wow!  That pic of me tho!  I was almost 30 pounds heavier than I am right now.  It'll be two months on the health plan on 5/19 and with any luck, I'll be totally 30 pounds lighter.  Whew!
So glad it's gone!

Anyway, back to Mother's Day!  The plans for Mother's Day lunch changed as much as the weather in May.  We ended up on a picnic lunch at the park.  Meri had planned out the meal and packed a suitcase with all the goodies.  Sandwiches with all the fixings and sides.  Amazing at such a short notice! 
She even planned for my plan and I was able to enjoy a homemade "Un-wich" with huge lettuce leaves. :)  Except for Leon, who was feeling ill, all Robb and my descendants were there.  


I got some beautiful flowers and a bucket of huge Yardzee dice!  We played a game of it at the park. I did NOT win, but it was a lot of fun and quite the workout.
YOU try shaking a bucket of dice and continually pick them up!

Jen had a very nice Mother's Day too and took lots of videos and pics of Aggie playing on the playground equipment.  I need to ask her for some photos.

Anyway, back to work!  Enjoy your week!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails