Monday, September 14, 2009

Ten years younger

Today's guest is Maddy. We put her in a sound proof room in the middle of a busy square to ask perfect strangers how old they thought she was.
The average age of their guesses were 14 years old.

After refining her look by changing the style of dress, makeup and hair, we've managed to make her look years younger!

Putting her back in the sound proof room again, the average age this time came out to about 4 years old. What do you think?
This is actually Homecoming week and the freshmen were told to dress as toddlers! I spent a good chunk of the weekend designing and sewing that dress... Maddy loves it and flounces around the house with it on, practicing her temper tantrums, which she's really getting good at...

As I was dropping her off at the bus this morning, she suddenly thought maybe she had the wrong day and suddenly felt VERY shy. But then saw one of her friends in a blanket footie sleeper and felt right at home!

Sorry for the quality of the pictures! Since my camera got all wet, it only holds a charge for about 5 hours and I guess it was off the charger last night. I used my daughters camera and it's not too good indoors.

Oh - and don't you love this show?? Ten Years Younger? I used to watch it over my lunch break every day. I would guess how old they were and usually weren't too far off. Usually if they just smiled in the sound proof box, that would take years off already... But I did like how the makeovers looked anyway.

14 comments:

Frances said...

She looks so cute!! Older and younger.

I want to go on 10 Years Younger....or What Not to Wear. Anything to get a free makeover and some free new clothes. LOL!

Unknown said...

I love her dress and she looks so cute. What a fun idea!

Macey said...

Whish I could pretend to be a toddler! Not enough fabric to make a pajama sleeper for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Funny post!!! Great way to tie it all in and way to go on the outfit. Now she has something to wear on Halloween.

Flat Creek Farm said...

That Maddy is a pretty girl ~ in either outfit! What a fun idea for homecoming week! I've watched that show also, and thought omg, that would be a scary show to be on. But, a makeover would be great :) -tammy

kado! said...

LOL! That was funny! ...and she looks great!...I LOVED homecoming week!

Sandy said...

Her dress is adorable! It sounds like a fun day!

Urban Earthworm said...

That's so cute. I love it. I so miss spirit days at school! I have yet to find a courtroom where I thought "pajama day" would fly . . .

Pam said...

Ten years younger??? I need that. She does look cute though. It sounds like a fun school day.

Lanie said...

You are an awesome mom to sew that dress for her. Her outfit was so cute! Did she have fun today?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving that great Arthur Conan Doyle, SR quote for me today. I LOVE quotes and that is a good one!

JennyMac said...

She is a doll!

Jen said...

Fun post :) The one thing that makes me 10 years younger is coloring my hair. I start to age as soon as my roots grow in!

Foursons said...

I love when teenagers are old enough to "play" again. Too cute. And I used to watch that show all the time. It was a great one!

Britt said...

Too cute! I remember getting all dressed up in crazy outfits for Homecoming week and being very excited, but then getting very shy about going into school dressed up. I love her outfit - very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails