Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The SCARIEST thing in the world!!!

I would sometimes say our puppy Elly is the scariest thing in the world... But that's not it.

Last night I took the baby puppy out to do her thing in the front yard. Meri had been raking yesterday and left a pile of leaves in the middle. She'll finish up this afternoon. So there was a pile of leaves sitting in the dark.
I led Elly out onto the grass near it, but as soon as she saw the pile of leaves, she stopped stock still and would not go any further. I pulled her closer to it so she could see it for what it was. In fact, I stepped in the pile and kicked it around a little.

As soon as I kicked just a little, Elly bolted in a huge U-turn and headed for the door. I'm just glad I had the retractable lease or she would've flipped me over!

This is the dog who is also afraid of the plaster statue of our basset hound (I found it at an auction!) that we keep on our landing...
What a chicken!! I don't think she's going to be a very good watch dog....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww. silly puppy!

Macey said...

Omagosh. Okay, so when our oldest dog, Fozzy was a couple years old, I went outside with him and was just waiting while he was running around doing his business. He comes up to me and stops about 3 feet away. Refuses to cross that 3 feet and come to me. He sniffs the grass, paws at it, sniffs, but WILL NOT walk on it. All of a sudden a snake, SNAKE, jumps out of that grass, JUMPS, like catches air and lands on his nose. He screamed like a little girl. A dog, screaming like a little girl!!! It was hilarious!!! Excpet I peed my pants. And I screamed like a big girl. Oy.

Southern Gal said...

Ha! I think you need another dog to be a guard dog. Looking at our leaves in the backyard got me thinking about this very thing yesterday. Our beagle loved to get in a pile of leaves like that and sleep. I guess it was warm and comfortable. She was terrified of water, though. Smelly dog. Miss her so much.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! Thank you for sharing.

Amanda said...

Ha! I am familiar with scaredy cat dogs, no pun intended.

I LOVE piles of leaves!!!!

Blessings-
Amanda

karen said...

AWWW!What kind of puppy did you get? Their so cute...and so much work. I guess your girls help out though. I thought for a quick second the dog on the landing was real. I had to go back and take a better look.!! BTW what's a bacon explosion cooked on a smoker?
Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Laufa said...

We have a scaredy dog also. He barks at his own shadow.

KK said...

My dog is afraid of the stupidest things! She will protect me if someone tries to get in, but on a walk, she's better at dragging me away from what may or may not be danger!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails