Monday, November 2, 2009

Lost and Found

Inspired by reading Shawn's post today at Seriously!

My son was in middle school at the time. I had bought him a pair of suede-ish boots for school. They were pricey men's laceup books and looked like he was a hunter when he wore them! Very cool looking...

For about 3 months that winter I kept running across the left one of those boots in the front hall closet. I could NOT find the other boot. I asked Ryan about it repeatedly, but he couldn't say, as he had no clue where it could be. In my spring cleaning, I never came across it... So in a fit of ruthlessness (sorry Ruth Ann!) I pitched it. I was not going to keep one single boot forever in hopes of someday finding it.

That spring, Robb and I attended a concert at the middle school. As we're all lined up to pay our fee and go in, the line went past a big table with lots of clothes, shoes and gloves. These were items that had maybe fallen out of lockers throughout the year, or the janitor picked up in the hall and no one claimed. I saw a glove that looked like ours so I grabbed it. Then a little further on, Robb made the comment, "Man! Who would lose just one boot?!" My heart sank as I glanced down the table. There was that elusive boot! Dang!

7 comments:

Southern Gal said...

And he didn't even recognize it...

McVal said...

Nope! Can you believe that!???

jana said...

You wouldn't believe the stuff my husband brings home from his office at the church: t-shirts, towels, sleeping bags, ski (snow and water) equipment, sheets, pillows, flip-flops, tennis shoes, UNDERWEAR, socks. Some of it, speaking as a mom, is no big deal, but I'd sure miss the equipment and some of the sleeping bags we wind up with if my son didn't bring it home!

missy said...

ugh.....i know what you are saying!!!!!
i feel like i talk until i am blue in the face about stuff like this!!!!!

Carma Sez said...

My son is always misplacing things. It drives me nuts! Then I look in his bookbag and get a glimpse of his organizational skills, and I am not surprised -- glad you were able to complete the pair!

KK said...

boys seem just like men! :)

Big Mama Cass said...

HAHA! Isn't that always the way? I lost one of Monkey's Spiderman Slippers a few months ago and finally gave up and tossed the one we still had. And wouldn't you know it... the next DAY the slipper shows up! I made hubby dig it out of the trash :) All washed and as good as new now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails