Thursday, August 12, 2010

My head hangs in shame...

I'm sorry I haven't been around too much lately guys! I mean... I've been posting, but I haven't been visiting your blogs like I should. I am on Stay-Ca-Tion this week!!!! and today is the last day. I have to go back to work tomorrow. It's amazing how much needs to get done or errands that have to be ran when you can't sit at your desk at work... Even when your working from home.

Maddy told me yesterday that she'd love me to be a stay at home mom, because it's been so nice having me handy to drive her places... sigh. Is that all she's liked about this week? Actually it might be... Her high school schedule is heating up again and I haven't seen much of her. School starts next week.

I'm going to take the kids to a park nearby that is gorgeous. Or so I've heard. I've never been there. But hopefully will be able to make it there despite the flooding around here.

After driving about 20 miles out of my way last night due to flooding issues in Iowa, I finally made it to the State Fair and checked out my sewing projects as well as projects from the rest of my ASG group. I got ribbons on 2 of the 5 things I submitted! There were only 5 kids clothing items in so I got a 2nd place on a jacket I made for Meri ages ago. Then an Honorable mention ribbon on a flannel fringed Butterfly blanket that Meri almost didn't let me take...

But Mom!!! I'm going to miss it!!!!

Whew! I'm glad she finally relented.

I forgot my camera in the car and it was almost a mile hike back to get it, so I said "nevermind"... I'll take pics when we go back in a week.

Anyway - off to save the world fold and sort clothes before a picnic at the park. Wish us luck that we can get to it!
I leave you with Meri and a cousin from the wedding dancing to "I Got A Feeling!"

Have a great Thursday!

8 comments:

Kitty Deschanel said...

Good luck! And no worries - vacations (even staycations) mean no responsibilities, blogging included :)

mamahasspoken said...

Enjoy your day at the park! Blogs will still be here when you get back ;o)

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Congrats on the ribbons busy lady! Be sure to remember the camera next time so we can see them!

Babes Mami said...

I miss the fair so much! I have people on missions to send me different things lol

Good luck with the back to school happenings!

Frances said...

No worries. Vacations are made for relaxing....well, as much as you can between driving kids around.

Macey said...

It's okay, I've been sucking eggs at commenting lately too. : )

McMeri said...

hey mom that pic looks fromiller dosn't it ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p

KK said...

Glad you had a staycation. We all need them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails