Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wow! What a weekend!

The weekend had everything...Mystery - Where did I put those snappy things for the baby jumper I'm making?? Retrace my steps since coming home...

Intrigue - Why aren't those two home yet??? and why won't they answer my text?

Suspense - You really want to sew a pair of shorts this weekend??? Ok.... I got to watch over every step. They're turning out so cute!

Weather - Dang it's hot today!

4H - the girls picked out all the photos they want to take to the county fair judging next weekend and we went to Hobby Lobby before they closed yesterday and bought out all their matting frames. The agony of picking the right color is pretty stressful...


Pets - The last puppy finally left the roost on Saturday morning! Ellie (the mother dog) was nostalgic a wee bit and kept hanging out at the spare kennel until I piled some garbage bags in front of it. And you know what??? It's pretty quiet in the house with only 4 dogs... I think all of them being housetrained is the important thing here.

Yard work - the riding lawn mower is NOT broken!!! It must have just overheated in this weather... I tried starting it and it mowed the whole back yard like a champ! The self propelled thing on the push mower is still broke however...

Food - On Sunday night, our little town put on their firework display. During it, we made a fire in the fire pit and made s'mores and visited. Great! Ryan and Tiffany drove over to where the fireworks were being set off.
AND! On Monday, we cooked out steaks. Yummy food all around.

and now the biggie!!!

Romance - My son and his girlfriend got engaged during the fireworks display right underneath where the displays were exploding. He got down on one knee and when she did too, thinking they were going to sit down, he told her to stand up and then he proposed. He had a loaner ring from Grandma for the moment and he'll remedy that as soon as he can afford it.

So yeah... and you know something else?? She asked me to make her wedding gown and the bridesmaids dresses! No date set yet, but probably next summer or fall of 2012.

16 comments:

Blogs said...

oh wowzers! i think that is the most romantic proposal ever, how clever! at least you have kept busy! i had a really lazy weekend:) enjoy the week ahead my dear! xo

Sheila said...

How romantic! I wish them the best...

slugmama said...

How cool!
Congrats to Ryan and Tiffany!
And do NOT make those dresses!!
I know you won't listen but take it from my personal experience, you do NOT want to commit to doing that.
You want to enjoy being the MOTG. 8-))

Michelle said...

WOW! What a busy time in your family! When is it not?! lol Congrats to your son and his new bride to be.

Apron Appeal said...

I would die from the pressure of making someone else's wedding gown. Lucky you she trusts you because she asked. My mom and I had issues with my bridesmaid dresses and the last thing she said about it was, I 'm so glad I'm not making your dress. We both laughed at weight of that statement. :)

Babes Mami said...

That's fantastic! I did see on facebook but forgot to comment. That's a lot of trust to have you make the dresses, I know you will do great!

mamahasspoken said...

WOW! What a week-end!! Condgrats all around from puppies to new daughter!

Macey said...

Hilarious that she got down on one knee too! Sounds like something I would have done. :)

Sonya Ann said...

Congrats!! Now the big question is........can she sew?

Jill said...

Congratulations to your son and his new fiance!!! How sweet!!

Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Oh wow! You really did have a fabulous weekend. Congrats to you and both of them of course.

Unknown said...

Awesome, what a weekend!

Purabi Naha said...

You are so talented! I am poor at stitching but I am getting motivated now to learn stitching. You have a wonderful blog and a great sense of photography. Do visit my blog if you like Asian (especially Indian) cuisine. Happy blogging and have a great day!!
http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

Carma Sez said...

awesome - from your excitement I can tell that you like her. Congratulations to them both - many many happy years ahead of them. And you get to do more sewing! yay!

Carma Sez said...

my husband proposed to me during the fireworks too - and his niece got engaged this past fourth at the fireworks too - I had never realized it was a big engagement time :D

Elle Bee said...

I knew I had missed this announcement so I had to come back and find it. Wow!! How exciting! Congratulations to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails