Thursday, May 17, 2012

Actual Sewing Ideas!!!

Girls State is coming up!!!  Less than 4 weeks now...  I need to make some professional type clothing for my daughter who could very well be elected a mayor or governor!  WHO knows!!

A couple days ago, I pulled some fabric from my stash that looked nice for a few items.  Maddy finally had a chance after school yesterday to look over it and came up with these ideas. 

 will become this. I plan to dye a yard or so for the top to be different than the bottom.  So probably black and pink instead of black and white for the top.

It's got a exposed zipper back, but I'm not sure we're gutsy enough for that yet.  It might just be an invisible zipper...
 will become a skirt like this!  Easy easy waistband and a skirt she'll use for a long long time!  Click on the picture and it will take you to the blog that has the tutorial on how to make it.
 

She also liked this navy with white polka dots.  We're thinking maybe a simple short sleeved blouse that she can wear with white shorts or skirt.

The newest Burda magazine came a few days ago, so she's got some pages dog-eared on that as well.

But we're going to start with the skirt and see where we go from there.  I've got an ASG meeting this weekend and will find out some more info on the dying aspect of the black stripe stuff.

What do you think about these ideas?  What sewing plans have you got?

7 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

You are amazing! Dying material and always so creative.

Brandi said...

How fun! Love the first dress! Can't wait to see these when they're done. I haven't sewn anything lately. *sad face* I need a new project.

mamahasspoken said...

Sewing plans = none!
Well... I do have a friend who after seeing some baby blankets that I made, has asked me to make a bed size one for her daughter but it's a way too easy sewing thing as in sewing on seam binding....

Macey said...

Can't wait to see the finished products.

Michelle said...

Really sweet little skirt. Can't wait to see your finished products!

Babes Mami said...

I LOVE an exposed zipper!!

Frances said...

You are so talented! I used to be talented, but I think I am too lazy now to create.

I think all those ideas will turn out wonderfully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails