Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diabolical Plots

A new video game came out last night.  DIABLO 16 or some such name...  My son and husband are big fans of all the previous versions and have been counting down the days until it's release. 

So this morning, Meri and I came downstairs to find Ryan on one couch, a friend of his on another, the computer game in paused mode and Leon sleeping in his bouncy seat next to the couch. 

His mommy must have really needed some sleep. 

When Leon started fussing a little, we snuck him out of the living room and he cooed and smiled at us while we ate breakfast.  He didn't seem hungry, so I didn't offer him any of my omelet...  or a bottle.

Then Meri had to leave for school.  Leon's parents were still sleeping and I couldn't decide which parent to leave him with.  Wasn't sure if the mommy had said, "If you think you can stay up all night playing games, then you're in charge of him!"  or not.  So we took him with us.

We got the playground supervisor, who happens to be a friend from church too and several little girls gathered around the back seat window reaching in and grabbing his hands.  Ooohs and awes abounded. 

Leon smiled handsomely and gurbled up just a little to please them.

So now I'm back at home and in my office working...  Leon sits in his car seat next to me sleeping soundly.  I've made up a bottle just in case...


I think the straps are too loose.  and I wonder how long the quiet will last.  

Or when they'll notice that he's missing...

8 comments:

Southern Gal said...

My son and his friends were at Game Stop at midnight to get their pre-ordered copies of the game. But they weren't here, thankfully. ;)

Mark said...

Grown men playing video games?
"Where have all the cowboys gone"?
m.

mamahasspoken said...

I'm sure that game will end up at my house sometime soon too :o(

Babes Mami said...

I am going to laugh if they had a major freakout about where the baby was haha

Macey said...

Did they flip?? Please say they flipped! LOL!

Sophie Miriam said...

Aiy. I'm glad I'm not into video games, or staying up all night. Glad *someone* was around to take care of the baby, haha.

Frances said...

I must be the meanest mama. I would have been waking said kids up.

Sonya Ann said...

Again I feel the need to point out that something is wrong with Mark!
That is one perfect little boy! SO how long was it before they realized that he was gone?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails