Monday, October 29, 2012

Sew DOPP

 HERE is what I made on Friday night.  What IS it, you ask?

I'll tell you...  with interpretative dance. 

I made a Boxy Dopp kit.  

And again you say, What IS it??!  frantically dancing...

It's basically a lined box with a handle and zipper for toiletries.  Guys have one, usually made of leather or vinyl or something like that... 

I found a pattern for these on Pinterest HERE and decided that I'd make these for my nieces and nephews that I sew for each Christmas.  We'll get some things to put inside like shampoos, toothpaste, razors, etc.  I won't have to get their measurements and it takes a lot less materials than a duffel bag.  I used some of my decorator fabric samples from my stash and whipped up this one in NO time.  Well...  30 minutes.  



But if I do everything like a manufacturing production line, it'll go quicker.

Cut all fabric, fuse all interfacing to fabric, sew all zippers, sew all seams and iron iron iron in batches...

Do you know it's a fine line to get interfacing to fuse to fabric?  Yep - you either don't get it to fuse at all or it melts to the iron.  My irons are angry with me....


I've got a couple more Dopps cut out and fused out of denim with manly linings.  These two will be for boys.  However the only zippers in the right length and weren't invisible zippers in my stash were pink or lime green.  I've got a little shopping to do before I can continue with these two. So they sit.



Here is something I'm thinking about whipping up for my girls this week if I get time.  I'm thinking the tops.  


You like?

And because Leon is at his other grandma's today, I miss him.

7 comments:

Macey said...

Oh that's so cool!!! Are they really easy to make? You could put them on Etsy?
Like you have time for that crap. LOL
That last picture cracks me up!

momto8 said...

perfect gift!!! everyone could use it too!
and love the photo!

Sonya Ann said...

Leon is super CUTE!
And you have talent! I would just cuss and then have to go buy everyone gifts! I can't sew!

Jill said...

Those are super cute!! love that idea as gifts, you could even add in some trial size products too. :-)
Love the last picture of course! LOL Such a sweetie!
Have a great week! I'm riding out this storm hoping for minimal damage.

Blessings,
Jill

Trinette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

Please put Leon in one of those Boxy Dopp things and send them both to me!

Frances said...

Those are really cute and will make excellent gifts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails