Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Paying attention to drops

I saw Meri off this morning on her moped.  The skies had darkened significantly since I let the dogs out earlier.  She hopped on and rode off down the street.  As SOON as she turned the corner, the rain drops began slowly.  I wondered if she'd make it all the way to school or if she'd drive out of it.  I went inside when I saw she wasn't coming back.

As I started on the dishes, I got a cell phone call.  She had turned around at the next corner and was sitting in my car waiting for a ride to school...  Maddy had just come upstairs so I sent her to take her.

We're going to have to pay closer attention to the weather starting next week...

Gotta run.  Tons going on today and I want to take tomorrow afternoon off.  Have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I should have watched closer yesterday! The drops started along with horrendous thunder in the distance accompanied by a huge cloud moving our way. I got home to a deluge. As I sat in the car in my driveway, As I sat there, I took off my sandals and put them and everything I owned into a store bag with one item. Then, I took off my sandals I did not want to ruin and rolled my pants to my knees. As I walked on the gravel, water came to my ankles. I went up the back steps slowly because I cannot go faster.

When I got into the house, all but my chest where I clutched the bag was soaked. So, stripping was the only option. As I sat in my chair wrapped in a sheet, the rain subsided. My pants and blouse dripped as they hung in a doorway in order not to throw them in the laundry to sour.

Yes, watching the drops is necessary, but she was luckier and closer to home than I. lol

mamahasspoken said...

I can't imagine riding a moped to school. Do they have a special place to park it? I'm giggling thinking what she is going to do in the winter ;o)

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh my sounds like a story about one of our boys - Flyboy!


Take pics of her on the mo-ped!

Leann

Jane said...

I love how she called you from the car!! It reminds me of when Kazi was a teenager and used to text me from her bedroom while I was sitting in the livingroom. Anything to save a few steps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails