Monday, September 29, 2014

2 days of Sugar and Salt

A Police Raid!!!!  In the colorful language of Leon...  

On Saturday we attended a parade where Meri was marching.  My plans were to catch the band's performance as soon as they came out for the parade and then hit the road to attend a long meeting for a mission society that I'm VP of.  

Best laid plans...

Here's what happened.  Leon and I moved our chairs to the street and left Robb up on the curb.  We had to be closer the action because Leon shared a candy zone with 3 older boys.  However we did get a haul because the older boy's mom felt sorry for Leon as her boys were grabby.  She asked them to give him candy every now and then.  

For a while he just wanted to eat the candy as it happened.  Even though he sounds like he knows what the word LATER means, he really doesn't all that well yet...

Christmas music!!!  The Salvation Army is looking for bell ringers!!  That music was refreshing to hear!


Advertising for the best hookers.  Read the slogan on the side of this truck!
 
When the boys left to find a bathroom or were tired of sharing, is when Leon got his candy grabbing groove on.  The sugar buzz started and THAT'S when he danced with various high school band performances, insisted I take photos of every tractor that passed and learned how to yell "HEY OVER HERE!" for someone to throw him candy.  

 He got pretty good at the yelling!


I believe Meri's band was the LAST entry of this two hour parade...  YEAH...  


So I was finally leaving town around 12:15pm.  That's when I discovered that I was HECK and FIRE away from where the meeting was being held and I STILL needed to drop off Leon at his mommies house on the way...  An hour later I was delivering him and realized that it would take another 30 minutes to get to the meeting and they'd most likely be wrapping things up by the time I arrived.  

I felt bad and called the President of the group on my way home, as she was on her way home too...  Oops.  

I'm not Wonder Woman after all...  darn.  And now I've dashed all of YOUR expectations of me too!

And since I was in such a rush, I didn't get lunch until just before 2pm...  I filled in my hunger pangs with candy from Leon's bag when he wasn't looking.  There aren't too many Tootsie Rolls left anymore and don't look in the door pocket of the driver's seat and expect it to be empty...  
I'll take a trash bag out later to clean it up...

Got home and practically fell onto the couch.  Robb told me to go take a nap.  I really had too much to do and didn't want to but finally said Okey dokey and dragged my worn out behind upstairs for a 45 minute cat nap.  

My dad used to take 10 minute power naps and he woke up refreshed and ready to take on the world!  I wasn't EXACTLY ready for that but felt a lot better.  I didn't feel 85 years old anymore anyway!  
And that's good.

 

Throughout the course of the Saturday evening, I felt like I really needed to do some sewing. And I REALLY do!  But I didn't.  After supper, I took Meri to watch an R rated movie with me on Netflix.  *gasp* !  Eh, it was Witness!!!  I made her cover her eyes for one scene and made her swear not to say those bad words, then we were good.  We only had time for about half of it and finished it yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, I started cutting out fabric for a new project that I can't show you until NEXT week for reasons I can't explain here.  Cryptic, ain't I?  I still have loads of work to do on the yodeler's dress, and that will get done, but the deadline for that isn't for a while, so it'll keep.  This new project has a closer deadline so I had to shift my priorities.

I didn't get a LOT done on the new project as Meri didn't like how it was turning out and I need to rethink some fabric choices.  I might have to BUY some fabric for it.  **GASP** !!!  Will let you know.

Anyway, Leon got home early afternoon and slept for most of the afternoon.  After supper, he, Meri and I went to the local cheap theater and saw Maleficent.  He loved it!!  and we did too.  That was a good movie.  and the extra salty popcorn they serve there was pretty awesome too...

On the way home, I let Leon call Maddy.  She had him on the speaker phone in a library study room so her friends could hear how cute he was.  He told her about the dragon and Dora (because he couldn't say Aurora)  If D-D-D-Dora and a dragon were in a movie together, he thinks that would just be the most awesome movie ever!

Anyway, after 10 pounds of sugar and 3 cups of salt, it's Monday.  What did you consume this weekend?

1 comment:

Frances said...

You go to lots of parades. Well, it seems like it. Maybe it is because you write about them so well. It sounds like you had a an exhausting weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails