Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Iron-ic

Remember these pretty dresses of my twin nieces?  The wedding that they're bridesmaids in is this weekend.  So I HAD to finish them!  I mentioned yesterday that I got back to them on Sunday night and there was a mishap so I stopped and was afraid to continue...

 

As I was pressing the hem before the final hem seam, the iron suddenly got to the unfortunate set temp and I melted part of the hem...  What's Murphy's law??  Oh yeah...

before

Luckily these girls act like they like me...

I adjusted the back hem on the chiffon to be a scant half inch shorter than the front.  It's long and flowing...  

after

I had trouble finding the spot that had been wrong...
 

Who's going to notice?!.. *nervous laughter ensues*



I just need to do a final pressing of the hem and I am scared to death to do it!
Any volunteers that I can place the blame on if it melts again??

Stupid chiffon...

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

You said scorched, not melted!!! Wow. My worst nightmare. I was wondering how you were going to fix it. It looks fabulous. Now if they never read your blog they'll never know!

Gill - That British Woman said...

put a damp tea towel on top of the hem and iron over it, so you're not actually touching the dress material with the iron.......

Frances said...

I feel for you! It always seemed like my sewing mishaps happened when I was in a time crunch.

The fix looks perfect.

Jane said...

Oh goodness, not me, my hands would be shaking!! Your fix looks great though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails