Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Randoms

Our lilacs finally bloomed this weekend!!!  Leon loves them and smells them as often as he can.  The tiny blooms have almost all fallen now.  But while they were still fresh, he and I cut off a few twigs of blooms and stuck them in water that we saturated with blue food coloring.  Within a matter of hours, the tiny white blooms were blue.  So cool!  

Until later that day, when I caught Leon standing on the counter after having pulled out the box of food coloring.  He had a little bottle of yellow open and was about to see how they would look yellow.  

 

HEY NOW!!!!  The food coloring has now been hidden and I'll forget where they are by Easter so we'll have to buy new then.


And since I'm only a four days behind.  We celebrated Memorial Day by attending the local cemetery service that featured Meri's high school band!  


We had to go almost an hour early to stake out our place beneath some shady trees.


Leon got a hold of my camera and took a few shots of memories for himself.


And these are the very last photos taken with my camera... It is in Colorado now for the summer!  
 
Maddy and a friend she'll be working with over the summer, came back late Monday night.  We enjoyed watching them eat a late supper of pork/peach kabobs and drunken peach cobbler that we make every year.  Well, we enjoyed the cobbler at that time too...

She spent all day Tuesday packing up her things for the summer and loading up the car.  Then she and Nate headed out on Wednesday morning.  They have an internship of sorts waiting for them in Fort Collins and I wish I could go along!  But oh well.

I'll live vicariously through her camera...  I'll be purchasing a new one for myself VERY soon...

2 comments:

Jill said...

My lilacs bloomed for about 2 weeks and were gone so fast.... they are one of my favorites! Seriously he is just too cute! Little heartbreaker, you'll have your hands full! LOL

Blessings,
Jill

Southern Gal said...

Leon's hair! Love that photo of him. That dinner sounds amazing. YOu need to share the recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails