Monday, February 1, 2016

Curly Sue has a funky truck

It's been a wild and crazy weekend and I need another just to get caught up on my sewing projects!

Ok, here we go!  On Friday night, I made pizza.  Meri had a friend over after work to paint nails getting ready for the shindig on Saturday night.  Maddy got home and we all just sat around and picked on Leon.

What better way to spend an evening??  
Oh and I cut out the fabric for the two dirndls that I was going to make on Saturday.

On Saturday morning, the girls were up by the crack of dawn working on Meri's hair.  


Meri had to work all day and then the Sweetheart dance right afterwards.  
Maddy also did Meri's makeup.

I loved the contrast before Mabs got the entire thing done.

I attempted to get Maddy to go see our new chiropractor and we were almost there, when she said, "Mom?  I really don't want a strangers hands all over me this morning... And I DON'T want to do small talk with him...  Let's go get coffee!"

So we did.  We went to a groovy little coffee joint that a couple of her high school friends used to work at and the coffee cost twice as much as anywhere else.  Ok, Twice as much as Casey's convenience store.  But the ambiance was great as was the company!  We sat next to the fireplace and just talked.  It was nice!  We took some Chai coffee to Meri before we left town and then headed home.

At which point, I loaded up the machines with the right thread and got to work.  I have NO pictures of the dirn dirndls.  YET..  Maddy has promised me that she'll get some photos of the girls wearing them when they give their presentation on Wednesday.  

I worked from 10:30 - 5, taking a break to have a picnic lunch with Leon on the living room floor. 
And a short break to help Robb and Ryan change the hood on Meri's car.  She was thrilled that it finally got done!  The hardest part was finding our socket set...


At five, I helped in the kitchen before my nephew came over for a super secret steak night with us.  

After dinner, Maddy and I went to McDonald's to catch up with Meri who was just getting off work.

This is the dress.

 She dressed before she came over and really didn't need any other touch up with her hair or makeup, 

the best of besties.

so she ate the food we bought for her and then her other friends showed up too.  


We got the proper amount of photos and then they were off!!!  


We got back home and I finished those dirndls by 9:30 or so.   Whew!

On Sunday, our church had a potluck afterwards, Leon went to his moms.  Then the girls and Robb and I went to see a Classic movie, Blazing Saddles.  Even funnier on the big screen!!!  Oh my goodness, what a classic!  However... a bit raunchier than I remembered...  ;)  
I love Mel Brooks.

After visiting at my besties to celebrate her birthday, Maddy headed back to school and Meri got down to homework.  She'd slacked off all weekend and had a lot to do.  I traced and then cut out a sample bowling shirt for Leon and then went to bed early.

Ok, that's my weekend.  What did YOU do?

4 comments:

Out My window said...

Cute girls, cute dress, great hair. I love blazing saddles. We quote it all the time. What does that tell you about my family?

Karen Whittal said...

Sounds like everyone had fun, and the end result was stunning.... but would have expected nothing less

SAM said...

Oh the hair-gorgeous, with the dress. You sure keep on top of your projects.

Sonya Ann said...

She looked perfect and I love the way that your girls are so close!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails