Thursday, June 15, 2017

Every girl is a princess!

STILL no new pics from the photographers, but I did find a few on my camera that I actually took during my time there that I haven't shown you yet.  

Here a few of the bridesmaids visit with Norah before the service.


Leon cracking open his ring-bearer gift.


The menfolk and Jen visiting before the service.


Card playing before things get going.


Actually from the rehearsal evening...  Matthew's sisters and Meri discovered that all three dresses had cut outs on the backs, and they wanted a pic.  Reminded me of a photo I took in high school with a couple sisters and myself and the lengths of our hair.  I'll have to find that one some time.


And then fast forward to Sunday morning.  I got up at 3am and helped Meri get her things down to the airport.  What a jet setter!



She and a few other students as well as a science teacher and his wife flew to Florida for a science trip.  They visited the Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral as well as Universal Studios or was it MGM?  Don' t remember.
  
She is coming back tonight and I miss her!!!


I texted her the other day and asked how she liked the Space Shuttle.   
She: How did you know?
Me: I have a copy of your itinerary and I've been there...
She: When?
doesn't any of my kids listen to me when I tell them about Gatorland?? 
Me: Before you were born.  I'll show you the falbum when you get home.
She's always called Photo albums, "falbums" and it kind of stuck.
She: Ok Well, we just got to ride in the flight simulator.
Me: Cool!  We didn't get to do that.
She: Well, HAHA! You should be jealous!
Yeah - rub it in...  

During their stop at one of the Disneys, Meri texted me this. 

"So we are ending up spending our time at Disney pretending that the little girls that are dressed like princesses actually are princesses.  It's so cute to see their faces!  


And we act like their parents are their bodyguards and we ask if we can take pictures with them.  


It's literally the best!  We've done it twice so far!"

Awesome... 

3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

I'll bet they've made the days of those little girls! Great idea.

Jane said...

The groom looks pretty calm before the big moment :) The handle of Meri's suitcase looks incredibly long - I'm sure it's just the angle. I love the royal treatment of the "princesses"; likely made their day!

Anne in the kitchen said...

The fact that girls in high school would make littles feel like princesses is pretty amazing. Meri and her friends have wonderful hearts!
Love all the calm cool pre-wedding pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails