Friday, February 16, 2018

Ding Dong Brain

I made pizza last night.  

I meant to do a bunch of housecleaning for company this weekend AND I meant to get the pantaloons done, but they just got half way cut out.  They have a crotch now. yay

But as usual other things came up.  I made a pizza for Robb and I for supper.  Meri was bringing several girls home with her after play practice last night and they had the sale Valentine candy (I'm assuming... Robb says that she came up to talk to us after we'd gone to sleep and I spoke to her...  really?  I think it was about where the candy was...) and I made them an additional two pizzas around 8pm so they'd still be somewhat fresh by the time they got to the house.

You know when you KNOW you should be doing something so you wander around the house picking up and cleaning here or there?  Well, that's what I did for most of the evening when I wasn't cooking.

The mattress shuffle is in process also.  We've got another set for the guest bed in Leon's room.  SOMEDAY that set will stick and stay put.  BUT for now, things are in flux.  OOH that just reminded me of something I need to do...

Maddy and Matthew will be here this evening! YAY!  Meri has a jazz band thing this weekend and we're also celebrating Leon's birthday a little early.  OH THAT REMINDS ME!  I need to get his invites created today for his OTHER fake birthday party!  sigh...  I'm thinking of just sending notes for all the kids in his class to be distributed there.  Even the kids that bug him...  Might be easier...

I also spent 5 minutes replacing our door bell this morning!  And it looks it...  Maybe I should have taken 10 minutes...  For YEARS we've struggled with our doorbell not working.  We've replaced the piece in the house several times thinking that maybe we've just had a dud bell as it works for a while, then quits or goes berserk in the middle of the night.


Then we did the temporary door bell thingy as you can see from the extra screw holes on the right.  and that lasted as long as the batteries inside it and the other part.  
 
For a while, there was an extra door bell button that got stuck in my office desk for some reason and every time I dug around in my desk for anything, everyone inside the house including the dogs went crazy wondering why we had a phantom door bell ringing and no one on the porch.  They eventually learned to just come out to my office and not knowing why they were there, I gave them a chore.  

That little tidbit of learning soon went away, before the battery in the door bell button did.

We'll eventually find the paint that matches the house (somewhere in the garage) and repaint that area of the siding, but for now, I'm happy!  I hope the bell doesn't go berserk again any time soon.

So...  there was my evening and morning.

OH!  And I made pizza last night!

3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Fun fact. I don't think we've ever had a doorbell that worked except for the house we built and I'm thinking that one quit. I have a door knocker. That seems to fix the problem. ;)

Hope you have a fun time with all your crew there this weekend!

SAM said...

Our doorbell seems to be about the only thing not in disrepair. Points for you for tackling it.

Jane said...

Once I came home from work to find our doorbell was stuck in the ON position ( I guess someone came to my door while I was at school. ) Anyhoo it was ding ding dinging merrily along while inside the plastic box around it was melting and getting scorched a nice dark brown. I still shudder to think what would have happened if I'd been out an hour or two longer! Now I have one that plugs into an outlet and works off the wifi. I've had it for a couple of years now and it still works. I have several sets of holes on my door from the various ones I've installed. Hope yours continues to chime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails