Friday, March 23, 2018

Getting things nailed

YAY!!!!  I survived until Friday!!!  SO much possibility for today and tomorrow!!!!  Well, I know what I'm going to be doing, but it's something I enjoy!!!!  SEWING!!!

I still can't nail Meri down for more than 30 seconds in passing so the countries on the map and her bodice still don't have placement.  Neither are her graduation invitations anywhere NEAR being even looked at by her, other than an "eh, I don't like it so far".  


I've had promises of time for both since Sunday...  

I DO know that she and her prom date are spending the day together tomorrow, mostly here.  They're going to go to the Goodwill and find a suit jacket & slacks that fit him well that I can use for my patterns.  Then they'll watch movies all day while I sew like the wind and have him here for fittings.  We'll see what I can get done.

Today, I plan to pick up a pants zipper, fusible interfacing and a suit pattern that will give me the right kind of direction for this little project...

Also, over lunch today, I plan to work on the lining for Meri's dress.  Usually the lining is an afterthought and it looks it.  Today, it will be a wearable muslin.  Since we can't do the actual dress until she has time for me, I have my work cut out for me, potentially.


Monday night is the local sewing group where we can get inspiration and advice.  I'll SEW be taking my projects there for hints and insight.  Mostly the women will probably shake their heads and say, "oh dear... you DO bite off more than you can chew, don't you?!..."

And YES I do!  I have a month to get these two things done.  Can I do it?

I sure hope so.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love to sew, too. You have time for the sewing, but do they have time to be there when you need them. I always hated a deadline where the wearers did not have time for fittings and made me break out in a sweat at the time slipping away. Good luck on all this. I certainly never consulted anyone because the advice I received was silly and showed the person did not know anything about techniques.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am reading this with my mouth hanging open! You're making her date a suit? This being said by a woman who would rather be beaten than sew.

SAM said...

My first thought was, "smart kids, getting prom suit at Goodwill." Just wow!

Southern Gal said...

Can she sew it? Yes, she can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails