Thursday, May 24, 2018

As Good As It....

I tried...  

I got the side posts painted but was exhausted from looking up into the sun and feeling like I was falling off backwards.  This is a job for a professional who is not related to me by blood.
And it won't be done before the party and I don't care anymore.


The other outside work has been completed as far as it's going to.  The driveway still needs to be hosed down, but there's time for that this evening.

My mom always said, CLEAN your room before you decorate!  So the place is mostly clean for now.  And we're onto the decor.

Meri spent part of yesterday afternoon getting the picture boards done.  385 pics later...


Years ago, Ryan took the doors off his closets.  I don't know why...  One of them was broken, I guess..  They sat in the garage for years and I've been toying with throwing them out.  But then came up with this idea.  


It's turning out pretty cool!
  


So while Meri was getting high from the spray adhesive, I put the center pieces together late last night.  Leftovers from my nieces wedding and Maddy's wedding shower parties.  I had to retape a few of them as they'd fallen apart over the course of the last year.  We're getting baby's breath flowers or greenery of some kind to fill them with and Meri has a bouquet of peach flowers to stick one bloom into each.  Hopefully they'll be bushy.


 I've pulled out the mannequins and have 9 total.  AND I've got over that many costumes, etc to display.  We'll see.  I may need to edit.

More later.

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a wonderful celebration you're going to have! Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour, so to speak!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails