Thursday, July 19, 2018

182 miles to empty

Robb, Leon and I went for ice cream the other night.  SO nice!!!  Until of course, he wasn't happy about bed time and came in twice to throw his pillows at me.  

Yep - That showed ME.   and I'll be keeping these...  Go back to bed!
Those afternoon naps are definitely a must for him this summer!  When he gets over tired, look out.
For Leon too. ;)


Found Reedus and Fitz at a stare down also.  Yikes!  Then when Reedus passed the cat, Fitz took a paw swipe at Reedus's leg.  
That is one tough cat!


And then yesterday!  Meri JUST started complaining about pain in her teeth on Tuesday night.  Apparently it had been going on since Monday night and just getting progressively worse.  From what she described, it sounded like a sinus infection.  She had googled it and came up with an abscess.   I figured, "we'll see who's right..."

So I took her to the doctor and he tapped on her teeth, checked all symptoms and predicted a cracked molar...  Since Meri had already taken the entire day off sick, I called all over to find a dentist who could see her today.  As luck would have it, I tracked down an appt at a place she'd already been to, many years ago.  

It was an abscessed molar...  Meri had been right.  darn it.

Well, if she didn't have something cold or cool on that tooth area, she was beside herself with pain.  So while we waited for her prescription to get done for some high powered meds, we went to our church and she napped while I worked on my laptop.  


Doesn't she look tired?  She said that she got an hour of sleep all night...  I was almost afraid to wake her up when I got the text from the pharmacy that it was ready!

Oh and I didn't tell you!  She's singing in a wedding in 9 days.  A girl who went to school around the same time as Ryan.  AND the first practice was last night with the accompanist.  Meri had already taken the good meds and the pain was starting to wane a little.  The first time they ran through the songs, she sounded pitiful and kept sipping the water, and Meri was wondering if the bride was rethinking her decision to have Meri sing...  But the 2nd and 3rd run throughs came out so much stronger.  So I taped her without her knowing...


Towards the end of the practice, Meri said that she was feeling a little dizzy and the words on the sheet music were starting to get blurry...  So it was about that time to quit for the night.  They'll practice again next week.  


 Meri gets her molar taken out Tuesday.  So THAT should be a fun day too.

When it rains, it pours and that's when you remember that something has been sitting in the driveway getting wet.  sigh...

1 comment:

Meg B. said...

Poor Meri! If you have ever had an abscessed tooth, you know that the pain is enough to make you crazy. Best of luck to her on the extraction. Upside, (at least in my case) the relief from the pain of the abscess is immediate.
Summer bedtimes are difficult, aren't they? Even though, as a kid, I swore I wouldn't, I did as exactly my parents before me did. I kept the same kept the same bedtime schedule in summer as the rest of the year, and like my parents, used the bedtimes we were given: 7:30 until 4th grade, 8:30 until Middle school, then 9:30 until high school, at which point, we pretty much knew how much sleep we needed to get up feeling well rested. I know for a fact that if any of us came downstairs to toss a pillow at a parent in protest of bedtime, we'd not only lose our pillows, we'd lose our beds too. My parents didn't negotiate with terrorists, and neither did I when my kids were that age. I remember a particularly difficult period one summer with DD, at about age 4. I could not get her to stay in bed. (Sun stays up until just after 10p.m. in summer up here.) In any case, DD would get out of bed, and play, remaining up until well after we went to bed, finally falling asleep on the floor with the light on. I grew tired of it, and, at the suggestion of my mother, took all the lightbulbs out her room. That night, she downstairs at about 10:30, crying to me because it had gotten dark and she was scared. I told her that if she had stayed in bed like I told her she would have fallen asleep long before it had gotten dark, and would have no reason to be afraid. I plugged in a night lite, but she didn't get her lightbulbs back until fall.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails