Monday, February 18, 2019

Semblances of Normality

A break from the California stories to get caught up on life in general.

Last week was Valentine's Day!!!  My sweetheart sent me roses..  Aren't they beautiful?
They're still blooming and lovely. I'm pretty lucky...


Leon needed a box for his Valentine's Day party at school, so he called Dibbies on my flower box.  Mine came in the mail.  Pretty convenient for Leon!  He initially said that he didn't want to decorate it, but changed his mind after I cut out the opening.

His party was a lot of chaos and fun.  He got a bunch of candy to get loaded up for the weekend with.



On Saturday, Robb, Meri and I headed for my hometown to see Mom and Dad.  Mom gets carted around in a wheelchair now, much to her disgust, but it's saving her some energy.


She doesn't leave her room much anymore, but we were able to take her down for coffee and visit in the activity room.  Meri did her hair while we talked and I remembered that Mom always loved for us girls to do her hair for her in years past.  She secretly hoped that one of us would be a hair dresser.


Much like my secret hope that one of my kids would end up as a chiropractor...
Oh well.

I loved my pics with Dad too!  He's going through a lot right now.  


Our time with Mom is getting shorter and sooner than anyone is comfortable with.


Any siblings available have been getting on FB messenger facetime app with Mom and Dad every day for the past week.  I don't know why we didn't think of it earlier.  It's been great and Mom can see everyone.  What an awesome invention!


She asked, "Now who is paying for this call?"
Um.. no one.  It's free!
20 years ago, this was all so futuristic!

We got home late afternoon on Saturday.  On Sunday, after church, Robb and I went to pick up Leon and we treated him for lunch at a Burger King with a play land.  His kind of joint!


Then he played in the snow in our yard for much of the afternoon.  


Only coming inside to switch out frozen gloves.  


A neighbor kid invited him over to play in the snow too and they had a great time until they had a fight.  It's all fun and games until it's suddenly not.  Boys...


 These are the same boys who played in the neighbor across the streets yard after getting off the bus last Wednesday...  I won't tell the neighbors who messed up their side walk and pristine yard...

I'm pretty sure they don't read me.

Leon wanted ice cream for dessert and so after googling for a bit, we found a recipe to make snow ice cream with ingredients that we had.  It turned out really good and he enjoyed it for about three bites.  Robb and I finished his off while we DUOed with Maddy and Matthew.


This is the snow that we accumulated over the weekend.  YUCK!  It's SO deep and our driveway isn't even to the pavement yet.  The snowblower wouldn't go that close as it's packed down really good.  We're supposed to get more this weekend.



If nothing else, Leon is LOVING it.


Anyway, that's what I've been up to since getting back to the frozen tundra that is my home.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Coming from someone who rarely sees snow, it is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

We continue to get rain. Years ago, it would have been snow, but no more it seems. Heavy rain each day for the week. Blah! Nice that your mom can enjoy everyone via Facebook. Technology does so much for society. Not all of it great, but mostly good.

Southern Gal said...

Catching up! I don't know why I don't think of facetime when I am missing someone. Thanks for the reminder.

Look at all that snow! We haven't had anything yet this year. We will see what March holds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails