Thursday, February 20, 2020

And it's Thursday already

On Monday, Meri and I made it all the way through the 20 minute Zumba workout!!!  We haven't worked out since...

We follow the girl on the left that doesn't jump.

It took a month to get all the way up to the end and wouldn't you know... the last 2 minutes was all cool down stretches.  

I should have STARTED with that!

Anyway, I've got bone broth in the crock pot using a BUNCH of bones from our Thanksgiving turkey.  I found things in our deep freeze that I'd forgotten all about.  Namely... a brand new package of hamburger patties and six pounds of ground beef.  

I may never have to shop again!!!

I guess that's not true.  I said almost the same thing when I bought a 12 washcloth packet.  "I'll never have to do laundry again!" "bwahaha... "  The maniacal laughter was part of the quote.  It turned into something like this later.  "ooohhhh....  guess they all got dirty after all..."

Robb and I are in the middle of the series Super Store on Hulu.  It's about 12 seasons long and 250 episodes per season.   It should keep us entertained until well into the 23rd century.  We may NEVER get to those recorded episodes of Man of the House  or the last season and this of The Walking Dead.

Oh well.  Those are our together shows at the moment.  

One that I'm watching for myself is Vir Das, a comedian from India.  Most of what I've watched already is him performing IN India to people who get the inside Indian jokes.  I'm mostly watching for advice on what young women wear these days over there.  The first one I watched, he just sits on some steps in front of a thousand people and there is one section of the audience JUST for non-Indian people.  A little racist... :)  But that section lights up red when he explains something for just the non-Indians.  It ended really sweet with a quote from his grandfather.  Awe...  

So now I'm watching his Jestination Unknown series to get a look around India better.  Meri is going to swelter in the 100 degree heat in June.  I've been told tho that Shub's parents have air conditioning...  So that's good!

I'm almost done with the birthday shirt for Leon.  We'll celebrate his birthday on Saturday.  He doesn't read my blog. yet.  so I can tell you what we're getting him besides the shirt and a book from Grandpa.  A week ago, he asked me if people can have crabs as pets.  Well... yeah...  But most would eat them.  He said that they have baby ones tho, so maybe we can start out with that.

That's when I remembered that his classroom has a pet hermit crab.  And aHA moment for me as I checked into how to purchase one and it's habitat.  He wants to stop at Petco after Robb picks him up from his mom's and pick one out.  I'll probably meet them there.

This morning, on the way to the bus, I asked Leon when his class is celebrating his birthday. Oh today you say?!  Do they expect birthday treats? (I ask in a starting to get higher pitched voice) Yeah! What time is snack time? (my voice is higher now and my heart is racing) 10 O'Clock.  

!!!!!!
After I drop him off I called Robb, who works in the same town as the school...  I'm stressed, can you do me a favor?!  And he did and he's wonderful.

I would never want to be a single grandmother...

Anyway, a wild and crazy day is anticipated...  After a million work related things today, I'll be heading to Meri's over my lunch so she can get some kids down for naps.  With any luck, I'll have a few minutes to plan out some freezer meals that I want to get together this weekend.  Also, figure out some info for Meri's Visa application.  AWBs are elusive and no one knows what they are but they all want one.  

OK - I WILL not start stressing again...
Nothing to see here... Carry on about your day...

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

"I would never want to be a single grandmother." LOL

Meg B. said...

I'm afraid it's highly likely that any kid in this house who pulled that would have had a treat-less classroom celebration.
I remember having a hermit crab in our second grade class all those years ago. I loved how it would withdraw into its shell and its surroundings in the habitat. It was always fun to try to spot it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails