Thursday, February 13, 2020

Catch My Breath and Remembering Names

I think I start a majority of my posts like this... so sorry!
It's been a crazy couple days...  Let's see if I can condense it.

I called Robb by our son's name the other day and Meri was called Maddy.  I just used the good old excuse of "I am so tired!"  and that is partially true.  My MIL asked why am I so tired?  
It's my nature...
I guess my mind is pulled in so many directions lately.  Trying to stay on top of things as best I can.

My MIL gave Meri her old fish tank and fish.  One of the fish used to be Meri's and has lived at least two years!  It's one less cumbersome chore for Grandma M and a new possibility of problems at Meri's house.

I went over yesterday with my drills and made a hole in the back of that bookshelf for electrical cords.  The back end of the shelves is in a closet that has a plug in and safe from prying child fingers.  The kids were enthralled with the fish in an ice cream bucket yesterday and then later, Meri's cat, Ranch, was also intrigued.  All of Meri's daycare kids cried yesterday because she wouldn't let them touch the fish.
What a meanie! :)


Robb and I made it to Bible study last night and since the weather was turning nasty and only one other person besides our pastor showed up, it was cancelled.  Usually if less than half the usuals show, the remainder of us go out for ice cream.  But last night, we just weren't in the mood.  
TOO cold!  We'll bring ice cream next week and only the people who showed yesterday get to eat any.
;)

This morning, school was a 2 hour delay, then after a bit, cancelled entirely.  Leon is trying to remember all the kids in his class today so he can get his Harry Potter valentines written out.  For some reason he's missing four of the boys in his list, but he remembered ALL the girls...

We've gotten a chance to DUO with Maddy several times over this week and loved every minute.
Six hour distance melts away when you can see their faces and laugh about everything.

Meri is plotting out a trip to India this summer to meet Shub's family.  He's going too.
While she HAS met them on DUO already, it will be different seeing them face to face for a month.

I got a letter in the mail from our mortgage company that they didn't have record of home owners insurance for two months this past year.  Um,mmm  yeah you do...  They want to bill us to have them cover those two months.  sigh...  I just sent them my policy again and will call them on Monday to make sure they have it this time.  Cripes.  This has been going on since November and my insurance agent is a gem, sending the policies off herself a few times as well as my submissions.  

They WILL get this resolved...  Make no mistake!

It is wicked cold today...  -6 for a temp and -33 for a "feels like" wind chill. 

Who dreamed that up?
Yeah - it's -6 but wow it feels like minus a gazillion!

We brought all pop that had been resting in the cars in last night.  Don't want to risk having anything explode... It's happened before.  But it is easy to clean up if you catch it while it's still frozen.  You just break or push/scrape it off the surfaces.

I did sew a sweatshirt that I'll be wearing to Saturday's sewing meeting and I still need to hem and put the elastic waist in on the leggings to go with it.  Maybe over lunch today.

It's February and I STILL haven't made one of those bras yet!  hmmm   I will.  It's just not a priority right now.

Leon's birthday is coming up.  I want to make him something but what....  He says that Youtube Merch that he wears doesn't make him a popular kid and he wants to be popular so he's been picking just plain shirts.  How times have changed...  
He wanted a Hermit crab in the worst way and suddenly this morning he changed to a bearded dragon.  I'll wait until the morning OF his birthday and see what he's settled on then.

Out of the freezer meals that Meri and I made last weekend, I've cooked and enjoyed 3 of them.  
The cube steak and gravy over mashed potatoes - Pretty good...  I'll make it again.
The Cilantro and lime Chicken  over rice - DELISH! Will def make it again.
The Loaded Potato Soup - DELISH! Will def make again but only if I have some heavy whipping cream to add to it instead of just milk.

I've got a crockpot of chili in right now for supper, because what Polar Vortex is complete with chili?
AND I've got some yogurt incubating also.  

Anyway - back to work.  STAY WARM!!!!

3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Ah, I've been away way too long. I need to catch up to understand some of this.
I do understand Leon is growing up way too quickly. How does that happen?

Practical Parsimony said...

I often call my three children by each other's name. My father called me the wrong name many times. THEN, my daughter called her newborn son by the cat's name. I think it is genetic. And, yes, I am tired a lot of the time.

What kind of bra are you making?

Michelle said...

It’s in the teens here today. A bit unusual for us. But better to have some winter, I think, than all of the soggy rain we have been getting. With all you have happening all the time I am surprised you aren’t more tired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails