Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Guess WHAT!?!?!?!?

 So a little background...  When Maddy and Matthew were here last, about a month or so ago, he had a Zoom meeting with some fellow master's students for a project he had coming up.  So he went to a local library to have the meeting, because... we're loud...

A week or so later, Matthew, Maddy and Meri got me on a DUO call with an announcement.

I guessed, "you're pregnant!!" 

ummm no.

Matthew had accepted a job as an assistant director at our local library!!!!!  The "Zoom" meeting was actually his job interview!!!  I was stunned with the news and they were too but for the fact that I hadn't burst into tears of happiness upon hearing this news.  

I did later when I was telling Robb at the cemetery 30 minutes later.

So it's been a big secret until it became public knowledge at their jobs and their church AND they just put their house on the market within the last two weeks.  So now I can talk about it.  WHEW!

I was feeling muzzled...

Last Thursday, Meri, her boyfriend Ryan and myself drove to Wisconsin in two cars and helped them get the final touches done on their house before an open house on Sunday.  
My Ryan stayed behind with Jen, Leon and the babies as well as Meri's dog Reedus.  They can hold down the fort!

I put in 5.4 miles on my step counter smart watch just for Saturday alone...  I was exhausted by the days end.

Early Saturday morning, Meri, Maddy and I went out for an early morning foggy walk around the river front and then for coffee at our favorite coffee shop to celebrate her birthday with a Maddypalooza of our own. 

The views were amazing, even with a derelict old building on the shore.



Spider webs are gorgeous in fog!

Sunday morning, I begged Meri to let me play with her hair and I did a swirly twisty type do for her.  Not sure if she liked it, but it satisfied my OCDness of her new color.  Isn't it pretty?!

Well, that was my weekend and my big news.  I'm so happy that they're going to move back closer to me!!!  They've got an apartment figured out and Matthew starts next month.  Maddy needs to finish up her semester there and then she'll move down too.

Life is crazy and then it surprises you with sweetness. :)

It doesn't feel right to be this happy.

5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

The move is such a nice surprise event for all of you.

SAM said...

I'm happy for you Val.

Rachel said...

Yay! That is awesome news for your family! I am so happy for you Val!

Practical Parsimony said...

What is that in the first picture?

McVal said...

Thank you guys! For some reason I don't get the comments emailed to me anymore...
Practical - it's a post in the water with a sea-gull(aka lake gull) sitting on top.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails