Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Story Worth Review & Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  At 6am, while I was scrolling thru TikTok for the past hour, I heard something on the front porch.  No one came in, and for some reason I hadn't gotten logged in yet on my new phone from last week to my security cameras so I couldn't take a quick look.  

I pulled on a bathrobe and found Maddy, Matthew and Meri out on the front portch, each thinking the other had a key, or one was SURELY tucked in a secret spot on the porch.  Nope...  I let them in and they promptly told me to go back to bed. :) 

Robb used to make me breakfast in bed every year for Mothers Day and then after helping me eat a little of it and I'd opened my presents and cards, would go downstairs and make breakfast for his mom in the lowest level of the house. here  and other blog posts but I can't find them right now.  

I had also gotten an email from Story Worth from 3 am.  My kids had given me a subscription to tthem!  For one year, I'll get an email to write a story based on questions they send me.  How cool is that?  Then at the end of the year I get a book printed out with all the stories!  And with each of my story entries, each of the kids get an emailed copy of it.  And you know how chatty I can get! :)  

I love it!

Here are my awesome kids on our weekly Death Stranding nights.  More on what that is another time. :)


My first entry is below this.  If you're interested in Story worth, let me know and I can send you a $10 off coupon!

Also those 3 went with me to go see Grandma that afternoon and doll up her patio with plants, lights and a windchime.  Then we picked up Leon and headed home.  It was a great day and I felt loved!

Have you ever won anything?

My family took us every year to the Easter Egg hunt at the Plaza, a mini mall near our home, that had a Woolco, a shoe store, grocery and more. The memory that I love is when I was young, probably 7 or 8, we attended. There was a huge part of the parking lot taped off, strew with hay with thousands of plastic eggs scattered throughout. Most eggs were filled with candy/jelly beans, but some had both jelly beans and a little slip of paper with a prize written on it. I happened to luck out and get one of those eggs with the paper!! I won a banana seat bike!!! It was beautiful and I loved it to pieces.

Another time I won something. I was a teen. Because my mom sold World Book, we always had a wealth of information at our fingertips. One day they had a call in contest on the radio for the tenth caller that knew what the kneecap was also called. I dug out the "K" encyclopedia book and had my answer, “patella”. I was after the 10th caller but the first with the right answer, having redialed several times! I won a 6 pack of glass bottled pop from a restaurant across town. And if memory serves me correctly, I got a speeding ticket on the road leading up to it…

Radio was the best. Another time I called in as an adult and won $50 worth of coupons to the Montana Max restaurant in Des Moines. Because it was during covid, it was for pick up only, so when Robb and I were in town, we called in an order and I went to pick it up. Of COURSE forgetting the coupons in my laptop bag, still at home. And the restaurant burned down within a month after that, so I can’t use them there. I think there’s another Montana Max in another town a bit further away, but that’s even further and we’re NEVER there… I still have the coupons. Someday I’ll use them.

ALSO on the radio, I was a certain number caller on the Van Harding show and won $100 gift card to HyVee grocery store! I’ve used about half of it so far. I just don’t go there as often.  Radio has been very very good to me...

But the biggest lifetime prize that I won was the heart of my beloved, Robb.
 McVal, May 09, 2022

1 comment:

SAM said...

Winner winner lots of dinners! I once won a four month flowered of the month delivery for knowing it was Dr Sueses birthday. That was radio too. There was another prize with it- maybe a new release CD by someone so that dates the win a bit, but the flowers were a treat! Your Mother's Day sounds terrific and so kind that you made your MILs day so special too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails