Friday, June 3, 2022

Catch UP & Memorial Day

 The Story worth question for this week was what were my happiest moments of my life.  I answered it but didn't feel it.  You know what I mean? Maybe next weeks question will get a hit.

For Memorial Day weekend, we all helped Maddy and Matthew pack up a UHaul and then on Tuesday, Meri, me, Leon and them unpacked it at their new house, an hour away.  Actually an hour and 15 minutes, but I'm rounding.  Maddy came back to town Wednesday to pick up the dogs and sent videos of them running into the house for the first time. :) So cute.

I went up again yesterday and helped them unpack a little more and get a wee bit of normalcy back into their lives, like be able to see the kitchen floor.  Maddy was all ready to start painting the purple guest room but ran out of steam when I took an emergency call from work.  She's got all the supplies for it and someday soon, we'll get it done.  They took me out for supper at an adorable and delish diner in town, then for a tour of their local library.

The wedding that all the dresses are for is in 23 days. It'll happen!!!!  If I have to stay up all night, every night and work on them, it will happen.  Each of them have finish up work to do, but the fittings and marking the hems went well.  The new bridesmaid will come for a fitting in the next few days and I still need to make Meri's dress, but if hers is the only one that needs a hem on the morning of the wedding, so be it!  It'll get done.  

The No Mow May idea was a bust.  Apparently our town has an ordinance that if you don't mow your yard, they'll come do it for you... for a big, giant fee.  So the mower came out and the yards were mowed, slowly by me...  Deep grass is a pain...  and I mowed over a dog toy.  couldn't see it.

The sign that I had special made is sitting behind the bench on the porch, strictly for amusement.

On Sunday, the kids and I sat out on blankets at the cemetery and told stories about Robb/Dad.  It was a gorgeous day and we had a good time reminiscing.  He wasn't in the military, so we didn't feel obligated to attend the Memorial Day service that we always did when the kids were in middle school band.  We had our own personal family one.

And here is the only picture I took of Memorial Day weekend...  


Big annual festival in town this weekend.  I'm looking forward to going on a 5K with Maddy and Matthew, and the parade and visiting with other widows and getting a lot of sewing done.

Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails