Friday, July 1, 2022

June Pictoral & Update

June has BEEN a month!  I'm in the middle of canning some chicken broth at the moment and getting hooked on MIO flavor spurts.  Along with my Sodastream, this could be a good summer!
Leon is doing a little summer school right now and we just went thru his flashcards.  He's doing some reading and math stuff online at the moment.

So anyway, here are some pics and a few explanations.

First and foremost, the wedding of the year is over!  Here is a pic of the dress on the bride, dancing with her dad.  The bridesmaid dresses were not used, so there was drama and this is all I'll post on that.


My uncle passed away unexpectedly and his funeral was Wednesday of this week.  He was such a great guy!  He's my favorite cousin's dad and I am heartbroken for her and my aunt and their families.


Leon went with me and we stayed overnight in a hotel.  He enjoyed jumping on the beds because he doesn't get to at home.  He wouldn't here either, but eh...


Maddy and Matthew moved an hour and fifteen minutes away and I go to see them often and they come here often.  I get to puppysit sometimes! :)


I also get to can more now that my time is freed up!  Black beans are the BOMB!


Here is recipe on how to can your own black beans and what to do with them.
Packing uncooked black beans.
Sort, rinse, put 3/4 cup in a pint (1.5 per quart) and teaspoon of salt. Fill half way with some canned broth of any kind, then the rest of the way with water.
PC pints 75 minutes, quarts 90.
My favorite way to serve is below.
Refried beans on our taco Tuesday night.
In food processor, pulverize a medium sized onion and a tablespoon of fresh or minced garlic.
Add a quart of black beans, drained but hang onto the liquid, might need it.
Also add
3 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 or more tablespoon of cumin
1/2 cup of the bean liquid
Pulverize even more until a smooth mixture. Add more liquid if you need to.
Pour into greased pan and bake for 30ish minutes.

I go on walks more to the cemetery. Here is 6am the other day. The field are past knee high by 4th of July this year.

I went to see Top Gun with some friends a few weeks ago and we roamed the mall afterwards.
They are so much fun!


Maddy and Matthew and the girls went on a "W" with me last week to a Poke-stop and they introduced the girls to the slides.  They're hooked!  Well, Daisy is.




And not only is Reedus working at UHaul now...


He has a title!!  Chief of Security!


And last of all, the cats...
I got them a special toy/scratching post to keep them from destroying my furnture and carpet.  I sprinkled it heavily with catnip and they love it now!
Whew!  Where's the catnip?...



Well, that's my life.  Will try and update more as I live it.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

The brides dress is beautiful. I know you are glad the wedding is over and no more sewing for it.
Because of you I bought an electric canner. It is still in the box. Yes, I am that lame.

Kathy said...

Beautiful dress! What a sweet photo of the bride and her father.
All that work on the bridesmaid dresses, and then they didn't wear them. :(
I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.
Love the picture of Reedus; it looks like he has some attitude there.
Happy 4th of July to you and your family.

Practical Parsimony said...

The picture of the bride in her dress was lovely! That must have been some terrible drama not to wear the bridesmaid dresses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails