Monday, August 17, 2026

Del Fine Settimana Scorso

 I had a great weekend! (oof - two months later.  Got lots to catch up on but for now, it's this weekend!)
Ho trascorso un bellissimo fine settimana!
My Italian is coming along and I've got lots to tell you about that another day.

For my birthday, Maddy and Matthew gave me a years membership at a local garden that includes the Butterfly habitat and I can take a friend for free too!

For this outing, I took Aggie.  It was so fun to see the garden through her eyes!


And here she is with one of the Cy statues! :)


The butterfly habitat was amazing although she did flinch a LOT when they came by.  I have a video of her twitching away when one came close.  I think with a few more visits, she'll MAYBE sit still long enough for one to rest on her shoulder.  Wouldn't THAT be a great pic?!

Those blue things in the front are some of the butterflies.


And isn't this inverted pyramid of the hen and chicks plant cool?!  I might have to get creative with the ones we have.  Or at least water them on occasion.


Aggie had a sleepover with me that night and after we said our prayers, she thanked me for showing her the plants and flowers and toy train and butterflies and EVEN the giant gnome!
Which really surprised me, because this was as close as she got to it!  "Turn around and let me take a picture of you with it!"
And that was it. lol!


Lots of other photo ops though where she cooperated.


And isn't this spoon tree cool? NOW I know where all our spoons have gone.


We hit up Sam's Club and she was just "I'm relaxin' now Grandma." and changed her position in the cart.  That can NOT have been more comfortable!
Note her butterfly dress.  She wore it special for the Butterfly garden.


I was babysitting Aggie that night and we had a sleepover in my room.  Then she went to church with me the next morning.  She'll be starting Sunday School in a few weeks!  What a big girl!

Note again her dress!  While looking for a dress to wear for church, we saw the dress I made WAY prematurely for her at least a year or two ago for the State Fair.  She'd never worn it because of course, it hadn't fit her yet and most likely it was forgotten.  So I had her wear it now before she outgrows it. 


Maddy and Matthew came over for lunch and Maddy had "piano lessons" with Aggie and then a more legit one with Leon.  He can play a mean Mexican Hat Dance now and Aggie can play Let's Hit the Keys in rhythm with Maddy.  She won't start legit classes until she's 5 but for now, she's having fun!


Since the mad rush all summer to submit things to the State Fair, which I FINALLY did a couple weeks ago, I still had some energy left to kill.  So I have been sorting my fabric stash in my garage office and my upstairs sewing room as well as organizing all my Burda magazines!  Wow, I have a lot and yet I feel like I'm missing a stash somewhere.  I'll find them.  And I did notice that I do not have ANY 2009s!  That surprised me!  Oh well, now I know what mags to keep an eye out for at the ASG meetings and/or Ebay.


Aggie has been browsing some of them and placing orders.  This is what I'm repurposing out of a dress (the dress fabric is on the right side) for her this week.


I've been getting into repurposing clothing for new projects.  So now when I go thrifting, I look for the fabric and quantity of it in each garment I look at.  I mean, I still have TONS of fabric in my stash, even though I've been ruthless this week, but it's fun to make things out of the clothing that I've admired the fabric of.  We'll see how this ones turns out.  I'm not a fan of buttonholes, but here goes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails