Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tales from the Dad-side Part Tres

Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary about 1.5 years ago. These are all their kids & spouses and grandkids, minus just a few.

All the best stories come in threes, right? Star Wars, Mad Max, Lord of the Rings... Well, I guess this is my dad trilogy... I do have lots more... but those will wait. This is my grand finale for now.

Hope you haven't JUST eaten a meal...

As you know from yesterdays posts, one and two, my dad is a kidder... At that same job, the office life was kind of a mixture of the Office tv show and Office Space. I think the writers on those shows must have consulted my dad and should probably have used this story for an episode...

The office where my dad had a cubicle was really large, with a huge plant connected behind surrounded by corn fields out in the countryside. One day, my dad's boss called him and Jack into his office. He was smelling something funny in his office and thought that maybe a mouse had died somewhere in it. He was late for a lunch meeting and could he and Jack please look around while he was gone and get rid of it? SURE....

So Jack and Dad pulled out file cabinets, looked in every nook and cranny, finally finding a dead mouse in a corner behind something big. Dad, being the joker that he is, decided that maybe a prank was in order.

On boss-man's desk was a huge deep pencil cup jammed packed with pens and pencils. Dad picked up the whole lot of them as one and dropped the mouse into the cup. Then jammed the whole lot of pens and pencils back down into the cup...

Later that day, boss-man called Dad and Jack back into his office and still complained of the mouse smell. They said that they had found one behind a file cabinet and it was no longer there.

The next day they happened to be a meeting in that office again. The smell still lingered. A particular habit of boss-man had skipped Dad's mind and he almost threw up when boss-man pulled a pencil out of the cup and fiddled it around in his mouth and on his lip. Boss-man was a pencil licker... Saying nothing but swallowing more frequently, Dad and Jack suffered through the rest of the meeting.

At lunch when the boss-man was out, Dad went back in and removed the offensive rodent. It is unknown whether he washed the tips of the pens and pencils.

11 comments:

slugmama said...

O.
M.
G.

Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macey said...

I'm with slugmama. SICK! LOL.

Carma Sez said...

gotta love your dad!! I may have mentioned before that our family had a bungalow in Upstate New York. We would set out mouse traps and I remember my sister and me petting the dead mice- like that's very sanitary!!!!

Frances said...

OMG!!! I think I just threw up a little.

I still think your dad is a riot.

Sonya Ann said...

Gross, gross, gross!!!!! Funny but still yucky!

mamahasspoken said...

That was sick, totally sick, as in OMG sick. I think I'll go get sick.....

Fragrant Liar said...

Holy crap! If that doesn't give you a little barfy feeling, nothing will. Way to go, DAD!

Word Designer said...

Ewwwwwwwwww! Gag! Bleh! This is sooooooo gross. If boss man happens to read your blog, your dad and Jack had better remember how to run... FAST!

Wordy
Word Designer

JennyMac said...

Your Dad is a pistol.

Love that family pic. How awesome!

KK said...

EEEEEWWWWWWW

Emmy said...

Okay I had to come read this after I read your recap... nasty!!! Ewwwwww

(I would not stop following you for telling this though :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails