Monday, February 22, 2010

Tales from the Dad-side Part Uno

My dad is kidder... When I was a young girl he worked for a company where he had to do a lot of traveling. With 7 kids at the time, you would too right? Well, he only had to fly out for a few days maybe once a month. But he had to share a hotel room with a co-worker, so he still didn't get the bathroom without someone knocking on the door...
I'm the cute littlest one... Shoot! Now you've seen me topless!
So anyway, he's traveling with Jack, a good friend and co-worker. During the trip, Dad is telling Jack that he is a sleepwalker so if Jack should happen to see Dad walking around in the night, don't be concerned and seriously, don't wake him up. Maybe guide him back to his bed, etc. Dad brought up the sleepwalking a few different times on the flight.

He is also a light sleeper, so during the night Jack needed to get up and use the restroom and Dad happened to wake up. While Jack was in the restroom, Dad grabbed the blankets off his bed and half dragged them toward the balcony door which he opened wide, dropping one of his pillows in the middle of the floor. Laying one of the sheets over the railing, he hid behind a curtain to watch...

Jack come out and was about to climb into his bed when he saw that Mel was missing from the other bed and noticed the blankets and open balcony door. He raced out the open sliding door, gripping the railing on the 10 story balcony and scanned the ground for any sign of Dad, frantically calling his name!

Dad stepped out from behind and said Hi Jack!
Tomorrow... the story of the Feather Phantom...

9 comments:

A.Marie said...

Oh my gosh....that is SO FUNNY! I got to the end of the story and about spit coffee all over the keyboard....I am still laughing! I bet he about gave that poor guy a heart attack! :)

Macey said...

So your dad was quite the jokester!! Funny guy, huh? : )

Sonya Ann said...

OMG!! That is terrible and super funny. I had to laugh. Thank you so much for sharing it.
And I thought that you weren't supposed to post pictures like that on the blog?!? You were super cute. Somethings never change!

Anonymous said...

I'm just amazed that your dad got to touch the liberty bell. When I went a few years ago, armed guards kept you about 10 feet away.

Pam said...

Poor Jack! I bet he didn't get any sleep that night after that. : )

Frances said...

What a prankster! I think you all must be another branch of my family!

Can't wait to read more stories1

slugmama said...

HIL-arious!lolol
I would have killed your dad if I was Jack....well, after I had recovered from heart failure.hehehe

Just Joany said...

As soon as you said your dad mentioned it several times, I had a suspicion about what would follow. Too bad Jack didn't know what was up and drop to the floor as though he was having a heart attack. Can't help but wonder what your dad's reaction would have been. I am laughing, here, as I imagine the ensuing scene.

Thanks for a good laugh.

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

KK said...

Oh my word, he's a mess!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails