Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Recipes vs Flossing

Ridiculously easy to make...  Yeah, I'm in!


I happened upon this recipe yesterday in my How to Cook Everything Book that Maddy and Matthew gave me.  Looked easy enough!

 And it really really was...  I rolled it out onto a stone with a piece of parchment paper and a rolling pin and maybe 10-12 minutes later, had this.  


Cooling?!  yeah right.  I was pulling off squares, buttering them and eating my little heart out before they were cool.  There are maybe 6 left and in a baggie waiting for me to make some soup.

 I also wanted to make some wheat bread, but after I'd already started the recipe, I noticed that I only had a half cup of wheat flour and I needed 1.5...  The recipe already called for 1.5 cups of white flour too, but I didn't want to add more, so I improvised.

Every heard of oatmeal flour?  I tossed some old fashioned oat meal into the food processor and made some.  Then used that for the difference.

It came out pretty good and Leon liked it even for toast this morning!  Well, not the crust.  He's a crust snob.


Got a chance to visit with Maddy and her hubs last night as it was his birthday this past weekend.  Meri happened to be home about the same time, so we had a nice DUO session.

The kids all showed off their "floss" dancing abilities...
WHY is this a thing???!

Leon repeated what I told him it looked like and now they all think poorly of me, I'm sure...
I'm not even going to TELL you!

BTW: There are only three more months til Christmas.
YIKES!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Looks yummy! Hope you have a great week!!

Blessings,
Jill

Southern Gal said...

I know what it looks like...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails