Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day!

Robb's alarm went off at 5am. He sometimes sets it for 5:30 but this morning he wanted to get up a little earlier. I figured he wanted to get in to work a bit early because it's the first of the month and his business gets a little busier at those times.

So my alarm goes off at 6am and Robb came back to the bedroom at that time bringing me breakfast in bed! I was shocked! As I'm groggily asking him to turn on the lamp, I remembered the Jim Gaffigan comedian show we had just watched a few days before where he was talking about how much he loved breakfast in bed. Because breakfast in bed implies that you have a choice after breakfast. You can either get up or stay in bed to sleep and then ask for lunch in bed too. So I asked if I get lunch in bed too.

Robb said, "This IS lunch in bed."

By this time the light was on and I saw that he had brought me up a plateful of spaghetti! He kissed me good morning and said that he had three more "breakfasts" to deliver, then he needed to get out the door.

A few minutes later, Meri (9) came in to my room with her plate of spaghetti and ate in bed with me while we watched the last bit of Beethoven's 4th together.

What a way to start the day! I found out later that this was a multiple joke. A few days ago, I had gotten an email from my sister (you know who you are!) about how her kids were sick and vomiting their spaghetti dinner into an ice cream bucket next to her bed all night every seven minutes or so. The kids and I swore off spaghetti after reading about her terrible evening. And then of course, Jim Gaffigan's joke.


Ryan refused his breakfast, mainly because this was too early and the fact that Robb couldn't get Ryan's door open very far. His room is a total pit!

Maddy accepted it, but in her groggy state was very confused as to why he brought her spaghetti. She could only eat a little bit. Meri & I split Ryan's.


Then of course Meri tried to convince me that Robb had given her permission to stay home from school and take her to Lowe's for some treehouse plans... I think she had convinced herself it was real and got mad when I didn't fall for it. She also forgot to say April Fools.

She went to school.

Happy April Fool's Day everyone! I hope you have lots of little surprises and jokes played on you all day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails