Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I miss you Mommy!




If you saw my daughters mood swings, you would shake your head and give me the number of a good psychiatrist.

This morning, my youngest, was getting on her bike because I was making her ride it to school today. She doesn't really like exercise. Suddenly she got extremely mopey, gave me a hug and said she misses me. I was like, "You haven't even left yet!"

Her response was, "I can't wait until you're out of the graduation mode..."
She is a masterful guilt-tripper. She can make you feel guilty about the least little thing.

So maybe I've been working extremely hard in every spare minute that I have getting ready for this party ... I can't wait to take a break too! The paint on my arms is very annoying...

I do spend special time with her at bedtime before a short devotion, praying and tucking her in. We just got done reading Ramona and Her Mother. Before that I read The Captive Princess to her. It was like 90 chapters! Well - maybe not that big... But she got so enthralled with it and pulled in by the characters. It reminded me of when my mom read it to me and when I read it to her older siblings. It's a special book to me. I'll do a blog book review on it sometime.

Then after a chapter of a book, I tell her stories of my childhood. Only one good one per night. When my mind is mush and I can't think of any more, I tell her some hair-raising stories of my siblings childhoods. (You know who you are!!! And now she has dirt on you!) Then about college and how I met her dad, things like that. She really liked our first date story. Hey! A new theme for blogs! Tell about your first date with your hubby!

She's a sweety, but she can definitely pull at your heartstrings when she wants to...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails